3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Leveling kit

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2008, 08:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Leveling kit

What did the kit do for the ride of your truck? On the hiway and on dirt roads?

I'm not looking to run Baja but I travel on some rough dirt roads at sane speeds.

With the kits that replace your springs does it reduce the sharp jolts?

Thanks
Old 02-25-2008, 08:41 PM

From what Ive heard, it shouldn't affect your ride... I havent done a level kit yet, but plan to...
Old 02-25-2008, 11:46 PM

I'm debating what susp to get, dont quote me, but i believe the leveling kits just prevent bottoming in the front...and that you have to step up to the higher end for better front performance...e.g. lorenz 2.25 or fox setup or similiar.....

It's killing me as i dont want 35" tires, but i do want the lorenz 2.25.....so i don't know what to do...currently leaning toward a lorenz 5100 system with dual purpose leafs....so at least the rear will be significantly improved both on and off road.
Old 02-26-2008, 12:48 AM

Originally Posted by n2moto
What did the kit do for the ride of your truck? On the hiway and on dirt roads?

I'm not looking to run Baja but I travel on some rough dirt roads at sane speeds.

With the kits that replace your springs does it reduce the sharp jolts?

Thanks
most of the kits with replacement springs will stiffen up your ride. i believe don thuren's springs are the only ones softer than stock. your ride will also depend a lot on your choice of shocks.
Old 02-26-2008, 02:53 PM

I haven't looked at thurens stuff yet but I've looked at Kore, Carli, and Lorenz.

Just on the web mind you but from what I've read of the 3 I'm leaning towards Carli.

I'll call all of them and maybe drive over to their shops but from the web Carli addressed my wants the best. With his 2.O kit.
Old 02-26-2008, 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by n2moto
I haven't looked at thurens stuff yet but I've looked at Kore, Carli, and Lorenz.

Just on the web mind you but from what I've read of the 3 I'm leaning towards Carli.

I'll call all of them and maybe drive over to their shops but from the web Carli addressed my wants the best. With his 2.O kit.
i would definitely give don thuren a call before you make your final choice. pauly (ptgarcia) is a rolling testament to building up your suspension with don's parts.
Old 02-26-2008, 03:06 PM

If you are just looking to level up your ride, then spacers are the way to go. They are cheap, easy to install and maintain factory suspension feel. You can't tell they are there unless you look for them either.
Old 02-26-2008, 03:11 PM

If I were looking at performance suspensions again, I would contact either Sage (Carli) or Don (Thuren). They are both great guys and really willing to help. Of all the performance suspensions, Don and Sage have the softest springs. Don does have a slightly softer spring than Carli though. They aren't too much different. As a matter of fact, Don actually uses Carli's stuff in some of his kits he puts together. It just depends on how much you want to spend. I can tell you that a Carli starter system with Thuren's custom valved KING 2.5's rides/works extremely well. Throw a set of Don's "super-soft" springs in the rear and it'll be the best riding truck on the road.

Remember though...... the suspension will only work as well as the shocks allow it to. So if you are looking for an excellent working suspension, don't skimp on the shocks. Bilsteins work, but the KINGs are so much better if you can swing the dough.