3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Isspro Gauge Troubleshooting

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2007, 10:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Isspro Gauge Troubleshooting

I've developed a problem with my Isspro Transmision Temperature gauge. Lately I've noticed it has been fluctuating, full sweeps, etc. Problem is that it occurs when I hit a bump, accelerate, turn, etc. Then gradually moves down to the operating temperature.

Anyone got any ideas what's up? I was thinking of just buying a completely new gauge, but if I could isolate the problem and fix it, Id do that also.
Old 05-22-2007, 10:53 AM

Whats going on David, haven't seen you around in a while.

Have you tried to contact ISSPRO? They should be happy to send you out a new gauge, mabe the sender box is going out?
Old 05-22-2007, 11:17 AM

I would also check to see if any of the wiring has come loose or if it has been chafed where you passed it through the fire wall.
Old 05-22-2007, 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by Rob C
I would also check to see if any of the wiring has come loose or if it has been chafed where you passed it through the fire wall.
Yep, thats where id start looking, if all the wiring is fine, could be a sending unit? Maybe its gone bad?
Old 05-22-2007, 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by Stacked97
Yep, thats where id start looking, if all the wiring is fine, could be a sending unit? Maybe its gone bad?
I'll have see what I can find out. So far the wiring looks ok, but what do I know. Ive thumped the gauge so I dont think it's there.

I'll probably take the sensor thing out tonighht and clean it up a bit and se what happens.

I do know that Im now looking for a tranny. 1-2 is pretty brutal and the clunk isnt to appealing.
Old 05-22-2007, 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by david_4x4
I'll have see what I can find out. So far the wiring looks ok, but what do I know. Ive thumped the gauge so I dont think it's there.

I'll probably take the sensor thing out tonighht and clean it up a bit and se what happens.

I do know that Im now looking for a tranny. 1-2 is pretty brutal and the clunk isnt to appealing.
LOL, that sucks...

You decide who youre going with yet?
Ill be going with either Goerend or DTT if I win the lottery...
Old 05-22-2007, 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by Stacked97
LOL, that sucks...

You decide who youre going with yet?
Ill be going with either Goerend or DTT if I win the lottery...
Dont really know.

I know I want something that will last, hold horsepower, tow, etc, warranty, and accept credit card. Since I dont think I'll have enough saved by the time Im ready.
Old 05-22-2007, 03:10 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What happend to me was the gauge would swing from 100 to 220 and it turned out to be the power module. Every 5 minutes it would find a different temperature. It was under warranty for me. They calibrate the probe with the module so you may have to replace the whole set of it's put of warranty. I went nuts driving from Rockford IL to Dubuque IA. I stopped 5 or 6 times and checked the temperature of the dipstick. I had to put a sticky note over the gauge so I would not look any more.
Old 05-22-2007, 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by Foxborough
What happend to me was the gauge would swing from 100 to 220 and it turned out to be the power module. Every 5 minutes it would find a different temperature. It was under warranty for me. They calibrate the probe with the module so you may have to replace the whole set of it's put of warranty. I went nuts driving from Rockford IL to Dubuque IA. I stopped 5 or 6 times and checked the temperature of the dipstick. I had to put a sticky note over the gauge so I would not look any more.
That's what mine is doing. It'll settle down, then move again. Then Im thinking it's finding the normal operating temperature because sometimes it settles where it should normally be after 30 mins of usual driving.
Old 05-22-2007, 03:40 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It kept getting worse for me. I went thru Dieselmanor on my gauges. The guy there said they had a batch of bad ones and I must have gotten a bad one. Good luck, hope you get it fixed.