3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Interesting note about Smarty and "undetecability"

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2006, 07:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by JohnInNH
Q.

Smarty does NOT download the complete original software from the ECM and does not store it
into it's memory. That is for a simple reason. The protocol in the ECM does not allow to read
the flash memory.
How can Smarty then return to stock? Simple he has all the latest stock softwares already on
board. When you choose to return the truck back to stock, Smarty takes the stock software
from it's memory and updates the ECM with that software.

This is the reason we have been asking what happens when your original software does not match the version Smarty replaces it with. Would the dealer not notice this if he runs his own scan.

I'm sorry if I am missing something here but if someone could provide a definitive answer to the above question it sure would clear up a lot of confusion some of us are having.
Old 12-20-2006, 07:40 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
not just dealers can purchase a drb or star scan tool. You can have any independent shop that own that equipment can reflash your ecm.

the dealer is NOT the only source,

I hope this helps