3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

I need a NEW power box

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2005, 10:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I need a NEW power box

I want (need) a new power box (timing and duration) for my truck but I don’t want a pressure box (I already have one). I already have gauges so getting a unit with them is not important. What is the best box that’s adjustable on the fly, easy to hookup and un hook and of course, reasonably priced.
Old 11-16-2005, 11:01 AM
Thats MR Hoss to you buddy!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Probably one of the most popular right now is the Edge Juice with Attitude. For the '03 model it adds a little bit of fuel pressure, but not as much as the Edge EZ does. It is mostly a timing and duration box though with five levels of power that are adjustable on the fly (as long as you get the Attitude monitor). It's what I'll be putting in my truck.

That being said, I just noticed that you already have the EZ. Edge recommends NOT stacking the EZ with the Juice on 03-04 trucks, so maybe the TST?? I think someone said that Van Aaken is coming out with a timing/duration box, but it's not available yet.
Old 11-16-2005, 11:07 AM

Hoss, when I talked to Edge, right before the Juice/Attitude came out, they told me it was a good stack....
Old 11-16-2005, 11:24 AM

I dont want to stack boxes. I like the power I get with the EZ, its so much better than stock. I will sell my EZ when I get a new box.
Old 11-16-2005, 11:26 AM

Dodgezilla, I distinctly remember them telling me the same thing long ago. However, the latest e-mail I got from them said this:

Shane,
The Juice module does add a little fuel pressure in the bottom end for more throttle response. If you ever stack products then we recommend that you do not stack the EZ with the Juice because of the both fuel pressure modules. The Juice module isn't as much fuel pressure as the EZ module. The EZ adds just fuel pressure and the Juice adds little pressure and does Timing and Duration. If you have any other questions then just let me know.
Thanks,
Kenny G.
Tech Support
Edge Products
1080 South Depot Dr.
Ogden, UT 84405
www.edgeproducts.com
I think that for the 04.5 and up trucks the EZ and the Juice probably stack together very nicely. On those trucks, the Juice does not add pressure. It only adds timing and duration. On the 03-04 trucks they add pressure as well (I guess they needed that to get the HP numbers they wanted).
Old 11-16-2005, 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by Raminspeed
I dont want to stack boxes. I like the power I get with the EZ, its so much better than stock. I will sell my EZ when I get a new box.
If you don't want to stack them then I would recommend the Juice w/Attitude (even though I don't have one yet). If you PM or call Lary Ellis on this site he will give you the DTR special.

You're doing the same thing I just did. I just sold my EZ with the intentions of getting the Juice w/Attitude.
Old 11-16-2005, 11:29 AM

I really like my Juice the power is super smooth but it does add pressure below 2100 rpm. I would say TST, with it's capability you can grow into it and it should be the last box you buy.
Old 11-16-2005, 05:10 PM
Banned

could'nt he stack it nicely with this? https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...&cat=12&page=1 adjustable, one for presure, one for duration, seems like a no brainer........

ooooooops, on edit I notice he has a 2003.....