3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

HTT Intercooler

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2008, 09:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i heard recently about a new ss exhaust manifold that htt is supposed to be coming out with has anyone heard of this, if it flows like the turbos it should be pretty sweet
Old 01-16-2008, 11:41 PM

Evret told me back in May about 6 mos. I haven't heard anything since then.
Old 01-17-2008, 01:12 AM

Originally Posted by SMOKIN-U
i heard recently about a new ss exhaust manifold that htt is supposed to be coming out with has anyone heard of this, if it flows like the turbos it should be pretty sweet

This is true. As of November they are still waiting for it. The company that does the castings is not producing as promised.
Old 02-26-2008, 08:52 AM
DTR 1st Sergeant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Thought I'd bring this back up for now...

I did install this CAC... the unit itself is very impressive. At 75 lbs of bright and shiny aluminum, it is over twice the bulk of the stock. It is larger in every dimension yet fits very well. It is an easy install for sure. The only two things of note was the lower bumper bolts on either side needed to be ground down to about one or two threads above the nut for clearance and the "arms" on the back of the CAC that fit over rubber fittings on the crossmember were not shaped correctly and needed a little bending to fit. Other than that, very easy install.

Yesterday was my first real chance to see what it would do. It was a cool day out, in the upper 40's, but I made a number of WOT blasts, got over 55 psi on boost... all was good. I didn't see any difference in cruising speed egts, or boost levels. I did see a little faster spooling. One interesting note: at cruising speed before (65-70mph), I would never see any pressure in the cold pipe from the primary turbo. After the CAC install, I see 1.5-2psi in the cold pipe. I have no idea why this is (makes little sense to me) but it is. Of course this means less lag when time to spool.

Now on similar runs with the stock CAC before, the inlet side could get too hot to touch and the outlet side very warm. Now with the HTT the inlet side was warm, and the outlet side was as cold as it was before I started the engine in the morning. I didn't have a new fangled IR temp gun to point at it, but guessing somewhere between 80-90* difference in the surface metal temp from side to side. It was dramatic. This tells me this CAC is very effective at removing heat from the air.

I do not have any experience with other CAC's (other than stock), but can say this unit lives up to the billing and is a worthwile investment to those folks with higher HP engines or blowing hot air (which includes a lot of folks here!)