3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Hi Hot Hi Hot its Smarty Beta 4.4 s04 I got

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2007, 01:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Hot Hi Hot its Smarty Beta 4.4 s04 I got

I just passed the entrance exam .... Barely ....so Bob just loaded me up with the Beta 4.4 s04 version of Smarty....I think this is the towing and Mileage version....The testing starts in 5 minutes. Kerry
Old 06-07-2007, 01:58 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Just got mine also. Will start testing Saturday morning.

MikeyB
Old 06-07-2007, 02:25 PM
Banned

well? its been 33 minutes kerry, what are you keeping us waiting for? i start testing tonight.
Old 06-07-2007, 02:59 PM

I got the beta file from Bob yesterday and took it for a 25 mile drive. Here's my report back to Bob:

After a 25 mile test drive with the beta software on SW9, all I can say is WOW!! It took the positives of both the Bully Dog Crazy Larry tune and the existing Smarty SWs and combined them while throwing the negatives of both out the window!

The smoke level is perfect. It has a very touchy throttle, which I like, and will smoke like crazy if I’m not careful, but the truck can get moving quickly in traffic without anything but a light haze, which is good enough for me. The bully dog would do the same, but with less throttle response. Max boost I saw was 46 psi, perfect. I hit 52 psi once and a while with the Bully Dog or old SW9. Top end power is phenomenal! It no longer has a noticeable flat spot after 3,000 RPM like with the other programs. It pulled hard to 3500 RPM and also quit fueling when clutching in for shifts, something the bully dog wouldn’t do on crazy larry. The smoke clears up to just a haze after the boost onset at WOT. Also, no where near as much timing rattle at idle or 2,000 RPM as the old SWs! One of the best things about it is how quickly it lights the turbo, considering how tolerable the smoke levels are. I am stacked with a TS MP8 which probably helps, but even with this stack on any tune w/ the bully dog, it wouldn’t light the turbo anywhere as quickly as the beta program. I even think it lights faster than the wild tq management program on the old SW, but with a fraction of the smoke. I’m running a II Silver 62 turbo and it’s added lag over stock was almost making think of going back to stock, but after driving on the beta SW9, I am in love with this set up. I never ran the truck long enough, and through enough gears, to see any high EGTs. I think the most I saw were 1100, which is under the peaks I would hit with the old SW9.

Tell Marco you’ve got one more INCREDIBLY pleased beta tester. I would like to try and hit the dyno again soon. With the Wild SW9 the truck made 535 HP/974 TQ. With the Crazy Larry it made 540 HP/993 TQ. Even if it doesn’t blow away these numbers, the power curve has got to be much better. I really need to get the truck back to the drag strip as well.

Needless to say, the BDDL is now sitting in my center console unused, and it will remain that way!
Old 06-07-2007, 03:20 PM

I got the beta 4.4 a couple of weeks ago and i was much more impressed with it than the original software that came on the truck
less smoke smoother power and lower egts and enough power to light up 37'' tires
what else can you ask for?
Old 06-07-2007, 03:38 PM
wap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
looseboltrob, do you have a rail guage? Mine is sayin that this 4.4 is adding pressure and I would like conformation.

Kerry I am ready to hear what you have to say cause the only smarty I have ever ran is the 4.4 so I have nothin to compare it too. I really want to try 4.2 and 4.3 to see if they are stronger.
Old 06-07-2007, 04:39 PM

4.3 is flat out nuts
Old 06-07-2007, 04:41 PM
Banned

From what I understand the new beta software does add a little bit of pressure.
Old 06-07-2007, 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by wap
looseboltrob, do you have a rail guage? Mine is sayin that this 4.4 is adding pressure and I would like conformation.

Kerry I am ready to hear what you have to say cause the only smarty I have ever ran is the 4.4 so I have nothin to compare it too. I really want to try 4.2 and 4.3 to see if they are stronger.
Nope, I sure don't and wish I did. I am assuming it does because the throttle response is nuts without a whole lot of smoke at tip-in. If that's the case, I may need to back down my MP8 some, although I'm not running it at full steam.
Old 06-07-2007, 05:53 PM

I wanna be a beta tester... Are there any methods to achieve this?
Old 06-07-2007, 06:46 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by wap
Mine is sayin that this 4.4 is adding pressure and I would like conformation.
Wap,
What kind of pressure are you seeing? I assume it's not much more than stock.

MikeyB
Old 06-07-2007, 06:49 PM
wap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
No, it isnt, but the thing is I can not varify that my guage is accurate. And I know some have had problems.

It seems that it is up more down low then as the pressure raises the smarty backs off if you know what I mean. I could be wrong though thats just what it seems like. I guess another way to say it is the higher the psi the less the increase.

Does that help?
Old 06-07-2007, 07:21 PM

who do you have to talk to be a beta tester. seems like every one is a tester
Old 06-07-2007, 08:16 PM

That's what i'm saying
Old 06-07-2007, 09:26 PM

Ive been running the beta 4.3 for about 3 weeks. only run on 9. This is the first smarty ive ran so i have no comparision to the old versions but compared to the crazy larry, it is stronger, less egt's, less boost, and enough pressure to keep up. All i can say is great job!
Only thing i have questions about is my engine fan comes on a lot, when not needed to, has no reason to come on. ???

Quick Reply: Hi Hot Hi Hot its Smarty Beta 4.4 s04 I got