3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Help me get the dash off?

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2008, 03:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help me get the dash off?

hey guys i want to take my dash off by the radio. because i need to get one of the cubby holes out so i can build a switch panal in it. what do i need to take off inorder to get that off? heres a picture of my dash. thanks 4 the help guys.

Old 05-10-2008, 04:27 PM

The bezel should just pull straight out from the rest of the dash. It should be all one piece going from the bottom of your lowest cubby hole (the horizontal one) to the top where the wood grain is. I can't remember if the heater switches stay on the dash or come with the bezel though. I just used a small screwdriver to get behind the lip of it to get it started. Hope this helps!
Old 05-11-2008, 06:00 AM

You may or may not be able to just pry it out. Start at the bottom of the bezel and try prying with a screwdriver. There are supposed to be two screws holding it on at the bottom but it appears that these often do not get put in. If you can't pry it out then you just pull the rubber cupholder inserts out and you will see a couple 5/16s screws holding the bottom section of the console in. Take those out and pull that section of the console out. The next section will also have two screws. Keep working your way up until you see the two screws that hold the bezel in. Pull those out and pry the bezel off. You will have to lean the top out and start unplugging connectors in order to get it off completely. This should all only take you 15-20 minutes.....
Old 05-11-2008, 12:43 PM
Chapter President

Location: misplaced Idahoan stuck in Albuquerque, Roughneckin on RIG 270
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
there are screws holding it on. start from the bottom and work your way up. don't start prying on anything! you will break it and that center piece around your heater controls is nearly $300 alone