3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Help me build a Sled Puller

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2008, 02:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aurora 5k will fit in the 2.8 class. So yes you'll be fine there. Your gonna need a few more things then that though. Your gonna need dual cp3's and probably a bigger clutch if you get to pulling alot. I know around here I run the 2.6 class. It's a little bit cheaper to run and can still keep a daily driven truck to compete in it. In the 2.8 class your gonna be running with trucks in upwards of 900hp. P-pumps dominate the upper classes.
Old 01-30-2008, 05:21 AM

Originally Posted by Luvnacumns
Damg Chet, those look good!!! How did you get measurements and what not???
the measuring part really want hard because the frame has two I believe weld marks where the last flat part of the frame is and they are both the exact distance from the rear axle. Just out the flat stock all the way forward to that and it also keeps it from going forward. If ur going to do those though u really need a tube notcher.
Old 01-30-2008, 05:52 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by tristan21
Might check around I remember hearing the weight bar was'nt able to be used in some classes due to a 8000lb maximum weight.

But then again Ive seen a few trucks with them. Must be a class spec???

Not sure what you weigh dry but youd probly be close to 8000lbs if you get a ****** Weighted shifter ball.
on my truck I removed the tailgate and spare tire and with a 1/4 tank of fuel I can hang about 600 to 650 lbs off the front weight bar depending on how much the scale if off
Old 01-30-2008, 06:11 AM

They don't offer a 2.6 class. http://www.midtnpullers.com I wish they did.
Do you really think I'll need duel cp3's compared to John's stage 3 or 4? I was hoping I could get away without going duels but it might have to be done. I'm wanting to make sure I do it right the first time.....
About the clutch, I'll abuse it till it won't take it anymore and then call up my man Peter and take it all the way...

Originally Posted by Kman9090
Aurora 5k will fit in the 2.8 class. So yes you'll be fine there. Your gonna need a few more things then that though. Your gonna need dual cp3's and probably a bigger clutch if you get to pulling alot. I know around here I run the 2.6 class. It's a little bit cheaper to run and can still keep a daily driven truck to compete in it. In the 2.8 class your gonna be running with trucks in upwards of 900hp. P-pumps dominate the upper classes.
Old 01-30-2008, 06:21 AM

Originally Posted by tristan21
Not sure what you weigh dry but youd probly be close to 8000lbs if you get a ****** Weighted shifter ball.
LOL!!! I guess if I took out my fog lights and put two of Mr. *****'s shifter ***** up there I'd be good to go!
Old 01-30-2008, 06:25 AM

Originally Posted by bluechrome
You might want to see if you can get one of those f1 pressure boxes as well and a modded rail. Squeeze as much fuel in as possible
I've got the mp-8 for pressure and am on the waiting list for the 2004 Smarty Race version which I believe has pressure. Correct me if I'm wrong, but that's my understanding.
Does the modded rail add much HP compared to a capped standard rail?
Old 01-30-2008, 06:29 AM

Originally Posted by 82NDSNPR
get out your check book.....
It's out.... My wife will have to wait for a few more months for her new kitchen I guess. When I told her what I'm getting ready to do, she said," That's cool... at least it's a hobby we can do together.." I love this woman!!!
Old 01-30-2008, 06:50 AM

Originally Posted by Hawkeye 04
They don't offer a 2.6 class. http://www.midtnpullers.com I wish they did.
Do you really think I'll need duel cp3's compared to John's stage 3 or 4? I was hoping I could get away without going duels but it might have to be done. I'm wanting to make sure I do it right the first time.....
About the clutch, I'll abuse it till it won't take it anymore and then call up my man Peter and take it all the way...

If you want to doit right the 1st time go with duels I just orderd a kit yesterday from llmils. Evil Twins http://midatlanticdiesel.com/_wsn/page4.html
Old 01-30-2008, 06:56 AM

Oh yea Hawkeye I have the same planns for my truck you have for yours except im going with a 2.6 turbo.
Old 01-30-2008, 09:40 AM

Ya I would def go with a dual cp3. Probably your stock pump and then a stage three (modified duramax pump).
Old 01-31-2008, 02:53 AM

Is the typical turbo size for "stockers" set at 2.6? I'm thinking that I should maybe stay at a 2.6 size so that I can pull at other events besides just my local team.... I really don't want to limit myself. Which turbos would fall into that catagory? How big can I go with injectors and not over fuel the turbo?
Old 01-31-2008, 03:10 AM

I think the DHRA has a 2.5 limit but post the pulls I go to run 2.6 class. I am only running about 600HP and it sounds like you want more then that. I am probably gonna go with Darksides stage 4. I think you could get by with a modified looking at your signature. For a 2.6 just about anything that has a 66mm compressor wheel. The 2.8 class is a 71mm compressor wheel?? I don't even know if a 66mm is gonna be enough air for that much fuel going down the track. Do they let you run water in that class? Also don't waste all your money because with that amount of power you are gonna break stuff. A Billet input shaft is probably gonna be a must.
Old 01-31-2008, 03:34 AM

I think the DHRA has a 2.5 limit but post the pulls I go to run 2.6 class. I am only running about 600HP and it sounds like you want more then that. I am probably gonna go with Darksides stage 4. I think you could get by with a modified looking at your signature. For a 2.6 just about anything that has a 66mm compressor wheel. The 2.8 class is a 71mm compressor wheel?? I don't even know if a 66mm is gonna be enough air for that much fuel going down the track. Do they let you run water in that class? Also don't waste all your money because with that amount of power you are gonna break stuff. A Billet input shaft is probably gonna be a must.
I think I'll go duel cp3's and be set for whatever happens down the road.

Yes, water is allowed. Will that help burn extra fuel?

A billet input shaft in a 6 spd? Didn't know that was an issue??
Old 01-31-2008, 04:23 AM

No but that will help keep the egt's cool so you don't burn nothing up. I am going with the stage 4 to save some money as I don't have that kind of change laying around. The stock input shaft is strong but they will break under extreme conditions. Just depends on what kind of luck you have. The next thing down the list is transfer cases. I personally would ditch the leveling kit to so you can get the right stance. I think you have the right idea and are willing to spend the money. I can't really think of nothing off hand that you neeed to pretty much have the basics covered. I think with the setup you described your gonna be a tough truck to beat in the 850 hp range. Now they just need to get something that will let these common rails turn some serious RPM's.
Old 01-31-2008, 05:00 AM

Now they just need to get something that will let these common rails turn some serious RPM's.
Right.... around 5k would be nice!