3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

head LIGHTS ????

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2006, 10:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
head LIGHTS ????

question on head lights bulbs see if you guys can help. it seems to me that my lights are really dimm They dont seem to put out much light at ALL that work really good when i hold in on the lever and get the low and high beams to work together. I need to know what bulbs i should get any nice bright lights out there I like that blue look some lights have.. what is that thanks
Old 06-18-2006, 12:10 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
the "blue look" out there would be real hid lights. kits run from 500.00 bucks up to 2000.00 grand!! get a set of sylvania silverstars for around 40.00 bucks. a definate improvement over the stock bulbs.
Old 06-18-2006, 12:36 PM

i agree also with the silverstars had them on last truck and they were great.
Old 06-19-2006, 01:30 AM

I would suggest replacing the headlight bulbs like the other guys have said, if you dont like them, go with the HID's
Old 06-19-2006, 11:49 AM

I thought that the HID's would not work in our truck due to the dept of the reflector or something like that. If HID's do fit and work I will be out getting another set. (Had a brand new set in the box before I traded it in).

What bulb number do we use?

Kevin
Old 06-19-2006, 01:07 PM
Banned

The Siverstar PN is 9007 ST/2 for the two pack. If you needed only one, the number would be 9007 ST.

I just removed my Silverstars last night from my 04.5 as I will trading it in next week. Removing all my goodies.

And as for the life of the Silverstars, I installed them in early spring of '04 when I bought the truck. When I installed them I made sure I wiped them down with alcohol and then made sure not to touch them again. This might be why some report the short life of the Silverstars, accidentally touching the bulb. So far, I have not had a bit of problems from them.
Old 06-19-2006, 04:48 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by rjm022
the "blue look" out there would be real hid lights. kits run from 500.00 bucks up to 2000.00 grand!! get a set of sylvania silverstars for around 40.00 bucks. a definate improvement over the stock bulbs.
I dont know why everyone reccomends Silverstars, they SUCK and are a total waste of money. Do the people that buy them just get lazy and go to your local auto part store spend $50 on a crappy bulb and then lie to them selfs thinking they work better. But whatever you do please dont recommend them to unknowing people in search of better. Or maybe your use to 70's style 7" rounds and think the silverstars AWSOME

1. Realistic prices on HID kits are $225+

2. Silverstars suck, their for older folks that are too lazy or afraid to order a good quality bulbs like PIAA.

3. My GF put silverstars in her Taurus and I see any improvment at all, total waste of money.

4. PIAA's were beter then stock but not much.

5. I just installed GP Thunder 9500 in my 03 and it is soooo much better. I dont seem to blind oncoming drivers since ive never been flashed and you cant beat the look. It looks so nice, like a Honda S2000 or BMW. The only down side is you will want to change all your bulbs to match your new HID's

Go here if you want better lighting
http://www.hid-lights.com/
Old 06-19-2006, 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by phloop
The Siverstar PN is 9007 ST/2 for the two pack. If you needed only one, the number would be 9007 ST.

I just removed my Silverstars last night from my 04.5 as I will trading it in next week. Removing all my goodies.

And as for the life of the Silverstars, I installed them in early spring of '04 when I bought the truck. When I installed them I made sure I wiped them down with alcohol and then made sure not to touch them again. This might be why some report the short life of the Silverstars, accidentally touching the bulb. So far, I have not had a bit of problems from them.
If you took the silverstars out to put em in your 06, they wont fit. Its a new bulb.
Old 06-19-2006, 09:31 PM

GE nighthawks are the way to go. WAY better than silverstars.....
Old 06-19-2006, 11:50 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Boz007
If you took the silverstars out to put em in your 06, they wont fit. Its a new bulb.
Well that bite's.

Any idea on the new lamp part# for the 06's headlights?
Old 06-20-2006, 12:00 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by BigDan
I dont know why everyone reccomends Silverstars, they SUCK and are a total waste of money.
Danny boy, I have a belly button/bung hole/opinion also but I do not get so upset about it. Some of us here have had good luck with them and some of us have not.

Maybe your eyes are the problem? For me, the color that the Silverstars added seemed too help with what I saw when my headlights were on at night. I was not after a lamp that made the color of the light blue but a lamp that helped increase what "I" saw at night. I was offering helpful insights on how the Silverstars helped me. I was not posting in a negative fashion.
Old 06-20-2006, 12:03 AM

Well that bite's.

Any idea on the new lamp part# for the 06's headlights?
Not really ......the "06" headlights are bunches better than the old style!
Old 06-20-2006, 12:24 AM
Banned

Quick question here. I do know the headlight housings have been restyled for the '06's but are the lamps/bulbs the same? I would think that the lamps/bulbs would still be the same.

Might just to have to start a new thread on this.
Old 06-20-2006, 12:41 AM

Quick question here. I do know the headlight housings have been restyled for the '06's but are the lamps/bulbs the same? I would think that the lamps/bulbs would still be the same.

Might just to have to start a new thread on this.
Not the same bulb. The new bulb in the '06 is H13.

Carl
Old 06-22-2006, 02:18 PM
J.T

Ok, I hate asking dumb questions but here it goes. How do I take the headlights out to replace the bulbs? I took off the 2 screws holding the headlights but I can't seem to get the corner of the light close to the fender to come out.

Quick Reply: head LIGHTS ????