3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Have 3 Guage A pilliar mount...where else to put two other guages?

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2008, 02:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Have 3 Guage A pilliar mount...where else to put two other guages?

I've already got an A pillar mount for dipricol egt, boost and trans....want to get rid of my quad fp/rp guage and mount two additional diprocol fp and rp guages....dont like window / mirror mount as im in arizona and it wont stick with the heat...dont want them in the dash...

I want to put them either by the a pillar (on the dash) or on the center counsol where the floor section meets the vertical section....the 06's have an area i think might work....

Any thoughts? Just wish the quad would read the flippen fp consistantly....so i wouldnt have to drop $350+ on something i'm already supposed to have.....and do the diprocol electrip fp guages work worth a dammm?

Thanks in advance
Old 07-28-2008, 06:02 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have 3 on the a-pillar, 2 on top of the steering column and 2 in the cubby hole.
Old 07-28-2008, 08:37 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have two of mine on the steering column also. Works well for me.

Old 07-28-2008, 08:57 AM

Gauge mounts

Originally Posted by jgiachino
I've already got an A pillar mount for dipricol egt, boost and trans....want to get rid of my quad fp/rp guage and mount two additional diprocol fp and rp guages....dont like window / mirror mount as im in arizona and it wont stick with the heat...dont want them in the dash...

I want to put them either by the a pillar (on the dash) or on the center counsol where the floor section meets the vertical section....the 06's have an area i think might work....

Any thoughts? Just wish the quad would read the flippen fp consistantly....so i wouldnt have to drop $350+ on something i'm already supposed to have.....and do the diprocol electrip fp guages work worth a dammm?

Thanks in advance
I have the three gauge pod under the mirror in south Texas and although not quite the temperatures that you have mine would not stick either so I used a little RTV and resolved that problem. See my photo gallery for the gauges I have mounted. There is a kit out there that will let you mount three gauges in the cubby hole above the floorpan similiar to where I have mounted my Firestone dual commander for my Ride Rite airbags; although I don't like that position as you have to look down to view those gauges and I scan my "important" gauges about every 5 minutes.

I am running the DiPricol rail pressure gauges for over 1 year and have not issues with it. I am also running the pyrometer and boost guages. The pyrometer went haywired for a bit then corrected itself; I suspect an intermittent wiring problem to the thermocouple mounted in the exhaust manifold. Although DiPricol gauges are manufactured in India I have found them to be first rate. Good luck with your setup.

L8r,.......dogger
Old 07-28-2008, 09:32 AM

Old 07-28-2008, 10:04 AM

Autometer gauge cups screwed into the dash.
Old 07-28-2008, 03:12 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What about the 3 piller mount and 2 on the dash pod? I haven't seen that before, I wounder if they make a 2 dash pod. I know they make a 3 dash, so you could do a 2 piller mount and 3 dash pod. That's what I'm looking into doing. Thoughts?