3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

CHECK GUAGES light flashes - anyone else?

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2002, 09:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CHECK GUAGES light flashes - anyone else?

Hey guys. The only issue I have had thus far with my truck is the red CHECK GUAGES light has flickered about 6 times. No rhyme or reason to when or where, but it just flashes for a split second, then nothing. Every time it has happened, there have been no abnormal readings or anything different in how she is running. Something is obviously out of whack somewhere, and I'm just wondering if anyone else has had this? My dealer says he has heard this from a few other people, but DC has yet to release anything? ???
Old 11-12-2002, 10:26 PM

Re:CHECK GUAGES light flashes - anyone else?

Happened to the little lady tonite, told her, not to worry, has happened to others and not a problem. A little tiny glitch amongst the millions of bytes running thru the girls!<br><br>That is one of my biggest concerns though, the Cummins has 40% less moving parts yada yada than the competition. But, it has 8 billion more bytes of computer chip modules and problems!<br><br>These new computer thingies bother me, heck, my radio when I push the PTY button, then &quot;Country&quot; it goes and finds the best Country Station for me. Now, these kinda things worry me. The Cummins is tried and proven are all these little computer operated thingies really gonna last? I sure hope so.<br><br>Hunter
Old 11-12-2002, 10:49 PM

I had mine alarm once too. Running down the highway about 65-70, with about 200 miles on her. By the time I noticed the red flashing light, I let off the throttle and looked closer, the light went out. I didn't even know what the light was until I got home, shut her down and did a key check to illuminate all the idiot lights. I dunno.
Old 11-12-2002, 11:11 PM

Mine flashed too, about a week ago. It did it twice going down the highway about 60 mph. Flashed so fast I didn't know which light it was until I got home. Hasn't done it since.
Old 11-13-2002, 05:30 AM

Nada - but I'm keeping an eye on those gauges. ;D
Old 11-13-2002, 07:30 AM

Mine flashes if I hit multipul bumps in a row. Like the expressway ruts on 94... It flickers, so I am thinking it is just a loose connection or ground... Not to worried I will wait untill the rear end falls out of the truck before I will get it fixed... :
Old 11-13-2002, 08:29 AM

Has anyone went by the dealer and have then scan it and get the lowdown on what is going on?<br><br>Eric
Old 11-13-2002, 09:11 AM

I am going to do that tonight... When i am there... <br><br>Will let everyone know what is going on ok...
Old 11-13-2002, 09:20 AM

My truck has done the same thing. It has about 1600 miles on it. I have noticed it three times. <br> I tryed to figure out which light it is. It is either the Check gauges light or Transmission light.<br> Just observing it and not knowing the real cause I am guessing it is some kind of short in the Transmisson light. <br> Mine is 6 speed and I am assuming that the transmission light is probably not hooked up to any sensor since it is a standard. Does anyone know if that is true or not?<br>Randy
Old 11-13-2002, 05:41 PM

Mine hasn't come on in 2400 miles. What they need is a differential lub. sensor and light. Come to think of it we might all be waiting for our new rides when the guy at the end of assembly line can't drive em away.
Old 11-13-2002, 09:11 PM

Mine did it again tonight. I'm certain it's the CHECK GUAGES light, as I have seen it the past few times. Even though it's only on for a split second, it's easy to read. Kinda burns into the brain when you spend that kind of cash... Anyhow, still never had an issue when it happens, just a random deal. Would be odd of it was a loose connection on all our rigs, so I'm guessing a DC computer update will be coming soon. As a side note, I also understand our oil pressure guages are completely worthless. Apperantly, too many owners were complaining about erratic readings, so DC made the guage a dummy with &quot;feel good&quot; set points that the computer spits out according it's feedback from throttle, RPM, speed, etc. etc. This according to my DC Tech buddy. [undecided]