3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

has anyone seen a pilar gauge mount that...

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2004, 12:56 PM
JKE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question has anyone seen a pilar gauge mount that...

mounts BELOW the handle? I will not remove the handle and would like the gauges a little lower. If anyone has a suggestion, please post up. I am looking to get autometers. FP, EGT & PSI....I am hung up on autometers from the old hotrod days

TIA

JKE
Old 01-22-2004, 04:17 PM

Well their is no way that you are going to get 3 guages on their and keep the handle. You can get a single pod and maybe a double, but no way a triple will go.

That is the reason that I went to the BD X-Monitor, all in one and keep the handle. Now that I have it I don't know if I would ever do guages again.
Old 01-22-2004, 10:08 PM
Banned

I can understand your loyalty to Auto meter, they are a wonderful gage company. I to love them and have installed them in many vehicles, they seem to last and there looks never go out of style. I think you will have a hard time trying to keep the handle and still have room for the gages. They do make a mount that sits on top of the dash. And then there is one that mounts 1-2 gages on the steering column, and if that isn't enough there are the cups that can go under the dash or anywhere you like. To answer your question, know I have not seen any mount that keeps the handle. I have found mounts that are already color matched, and even found a 4-gage pillar mount for the super duty. Good luck with your add-ons, and take the time to shop around, there are some good deals to be had.
Old 01-22-2004, 10:25 PM

isnt there also a mount that sits in the cubby hole in the center console? i know not all 03's have the cubby but just thought id throw it out as another option

jeff
Old 01-23-2004, 07:03 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by quantrill88
isnt there also a mount that sits in the cubby hole in the center console? i know not all 03's have the cubby but just thought id throw it out as another option

jeff
I haven't found a mount for the center cubby hole. I was going to make a mount for the cubby hole but decided the gauges would be to low for visual glances.

The single gauge pillar pod from Geno's mounts under the grab handle. And it's available in molded light gray to match the factory color. I'm planning to use the Westach combo boost/EGT gauge.

MikeyB
Old 01-23-2004, 07:18 AM
JKE

Thanks for help men. I was not sure how far up the handle they would have to come in order to fit. I am a little tall and look down on the top of the dash. I would like them down and to the left slightly. I do not want that last gauge at the top stuck to my forehead. The dash mount may be best. I stare at the top of steering wheel when WAO so I can see the tach and the road. Soon as the needle swings past 2800 shift. Mine seems to be quickest at that point. Still slow though. Once I get all of these things to look at while driving, I may have to go with a shift light of some kind ....I will continue the search. Auto meter just looks like performance...a symbol of speed so to speak. Looks like there is very little price difference from place to place too. Looks like I will have to get the FP from summit or jegs...ie speed shop...thanks again....the "bug" is now chasing me ...JKE
Old 01-23-2004, 08:48 AM

Originally posted by JKE
Soon as the needle swings past 2800 shift. Mine seems to be quickest at that point. Still slow though. ...JKE

LOL, with a 6 speed it is never going to be fast. As far as shift light goes, who needs one, I go buy feel for that.

Only thing I run a shift light in is the mud truck, cause it is hard to feel when you are just spinnin and slinging, so big bright light set a 6500 and let her fly.

You know what the funny thing is though, even though the shift light is their ya never seem to let off any way. It actually should be called the "puker" light. That when you "puker" up your you know what and hope she hold together so far it has seen 7200 with no sign of letting up
Old 01-23-2004, 09:15 AM
JKE

I know this is bad, but I get caught up in the handling/driving of the truck\bike\car. I think this came from the bikes. They would pull so good I would end up on the limiter and not realize it until it falls on it's face. Took me a while to get past that...the lights help. Granted, this has not happened in the truck, but when the road is wet, it spins up fast and slides out. The light would be good at that point. Or if the truck ever made enough power to do that when dry....

Funny thing is...do they even make a pill for that low of an RPM? THis just doesn't sound right....me calling summit..."Ah, yes, I need to order a shift light and a 2900 pill." Bet they don't get that too often.

anyway...on topic...I think the dash mount at genos will work with some diffferent positioning....I am going to see if they make 2900 pill

JKE
Old 01-23-2004, 09:19 AM

Pillar gauge mount

The only pillar gauge mount we have that keeps the handle is a single mount which mounts just below the handle. The mount has the color molded in and is usually used for a single pyrometer.
Old 01-23-2004, 12:31 PM

I also would like to keep the handle and run ETG/Pyro guages.

Could you use two of those guages pods mounted below each other??

Man I really like AutoMeter UlraLite Guages but need both ETG/Pyro??
Old 01-23-2004, 12:42 PM
JKE

those are what I am after. I really like the autometers too...get a FP gauge too. Only another $50.

OK, not real sure about the dash mount. The top of our dash slopes down quite a bit before leveling out to the windshield. Not so sure it would look at home down there.

Next Q? - How high is the top gauge on the 3 a-pillar mounts? How far away from the pillar do the gauges stick out....as in parallel to the dash? If someone could help me there, I would greatly appreciate it.

TIA - John