3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

H2O Meth

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2008, 07:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Are the nozzles the only reason that some are disappointed with the operation of these kits? Also If im gonna ever use it for towing mileage and reduced egts is a home built kit or the devils own gonna be up to that task. Im just wondering if the more computer controlled units are any more capable.
Old 02-27-2008, 10:22 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Orifice sizing is critical - not in terms of flow capacity, but in droplet size.

Also have to make sure the injection pump has enough overhead beyond max boost pressure.

I installed a 10 gallon stainless steel tank where the muffler used to be.
Old 02-27-2008, 11:49 PM

I suppose the temperature of the water doesnt matter then, it must still be close to your pipe right?

Also I remember guys runnung dual stage nitrous that said they ran one stage pre intercooler and one in the intake horn, does the same thoery apply to the water?

What do you mean "overhead"? Just that its up to the task of delivering enough water/meth?

It you had it to do over and somebody got you a kit at cost would you still build your own or was it a ton of work? Did you ever do a right up?
Old 02-28-2008, 06:46 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by tristan21
I suppose the temperature of the water doesnt matter then, it must still be close to your pipe right?

Also I remember guys runnung dual stage nitrous that said they ran one stage pre intercooler and one in the intake horn, does the same thoery apply to the water?

What do you mean "overhead"? Just that its up to the task of delivering enough water/meth?

It you had it to do over and somebody got you a kit at cost would you still build your own or was it a ton of work? Did you ever do a right up?
Injecting W/M pre-IC is definitely not recommended. The W/M will condense back into a liquid and pool in the bottom of the IC.

By "overhead" he means the pump must be capable of putting out enough pressure to overcome the boost pressure and then still atomize the W/M. If you have 50psi of boost pressure and a pump that does 150psi, your actual pressure at the nozzle will be 100psi. You have to make sure the system has enough pressure (at the nozzle) to properly atomize the W/M.

I would only make my own kit if it was used strictly for racing, but even then the progressive controllers are better. The main reason for buying a kit is to get the progressive controller. Set it and it does all the work for you. The progressive injection also helps reduce shock to the driveline. A manual system that might add an instant 70hp can be a little hard on things.
Old 02-28-2008, 08:46 AM

that was kinda along the lines I was thinking. But I didn't know the particulars, thanks