3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Fuel pump upgrades

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2007, 06:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Fuel pump upgrades

I just picked up a '05 dodge CTD the other day and it is my first diesel. I have been reading a lot. I have always heard about the dodge fuel pumps arent that great in filitering the fuel and are also unreliable. So I was wanting to upgrade. I have heard FASS a lot but not really sure what all it is. I have also seen then mounted in the bed and stuff like that. Do they make one that just mounts in the stock location? I just ordered a diablo sport predator the other night and removed my muffler. I will be ordering gauges next and then lookin at upgrading fuel pump. How much would I be lookin at for a new system? Any help or even some link to threads with some tech on the subject would be appreciated.
Old 01-03-2007, 07:19 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the FASS system it a secondary fuel pump that will deliver tons more fuel than your stock lift pump can. It won't mount in the stock location ( which is in the tank ) but, the kits make mounting really easy.

A draw back with that pump is that it's LOUD! for video's I've seen... very loud. There are other options for fuel delivery you can look into. Here's one from a great source.... The Walbro pumps are much more quite and mount in the tank depending on the year truck you have.

http://www.glacierdieselpower.com/
Old 01-03-2007, 07:41 PM
wap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Check out the glacier kit, I just got mine today. I got the 392 performance kit, MK2+big line kit, and the vent mod. It is a lot of stuff BUT if you dont need a better pump I think the 2mk filter would be a good idea and while your there do the big line too, it will help a little with the volume to the cp3.
Old 01-03-2007, 10:54 PM

i gotin a huge arguement on another fourm about the fass and they all think that the fass is the only thing worth running, no sence of adventure if you ask me, i run the gdp kit as well and i laugh at people with the fass beacuse the gdb kit is $369 instead of $559 and works better, and i love the big line kit.
Old 01-03-2007, 11:13 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by baersmokers
i gotin a huge arguement on another fourm about the fass and they all think that the fass is the only thing worth running, no sence of adventure if you ask me, i run the gdp kit as well and i laugh at people with the fass beacuse the gdb kit is $369 instead of $559 and works better, and i love the big line kit.
it was that cheap for you since your lift pump is NOT in the tank...05+ its in the tank and the price is comparable.

former fass owner...proud glacier owner.

Fass IS working on their noise issues!