3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Fuel Gauge Kit

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2006, 06:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fuel Gauge Kit

Hello, I was hoping that someone could tell me what all of the components are for a mechanical fuel gauge kit. Since I have the Di pricol gauges I want to stay with them. I checked the Dieselmanor, decent prices but slightly confused on everything I would need to put the gauge in and have it work properly.
Old 01-23-2006, 06:55 PM
P.J
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Most vendors are probably going to recommend against a straight mechanical set up. Most people in the "know" are going to prefer them.

Skipping the isolator saves you about $60.00. The parts to make it up mechanical are less than $10.00.

The needle valve can be bought at NAPA, I can't find where I wrote down the # now, I know it's a weatherhead 1/8".
I used another style valve, only because they were out of the needle and this one looked like it would do the trick (and so far it does)

You can get some 3/16" fuel grade hose to sheath over the tubing they will send with the gauge, this will protect the trubing from abrasion, cuts or heat under the hood.
See my gallery for some pics.

EDIT: Just realized, you have a different fuel filter than me, so the tap location will be diferent.
Someone else will chime in with more knowledge.
Old 01-25-2006, 03:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
John at DPS puts together fuel gauge installation kits that come with everything you need for the installation. Contact info is on the DPS site here . The complete kit is $100. If you're going with a windshield pod like I did, make sure you specify this so that your gauge lines are long enough. This kit makes everything super easy and comes with the parts to do it a couple of different ways. Pics of my installation are in my gallery.