3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Fluxed & TNT'd

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2008, 11:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fluxed & TNT'd

installed my F2's last night, along with the TNT program.

The Flux injectors came DHL, which in my neck of the woods suck as far as deliveries go. They didn't make the drop off and i had to make a 2.5 hour trip to pick them up The install went smooth, and I can't believe how much smoother of an idle I have with the Flux vs. stock or the DDP 90's I previously had. Cruising temps are in the same range as the DDP's.

The TNT program seems to have less midrange power, and a much stronger top end power curve than the 4.3 I was previously running. EGTs are the same, max boost is the same, and rail pressure on the #3 setting is about 7k at idle vs. 10k with the 4.3. Wot I see 23k with both programs. This was on sw9, #2 timing, #3 rail, Moderate TM, WG off, Shift defuel on (not sure if it makes a difference on a manual trans?) I'm loading some different settings to try and get it dialed in. I got an 0234 turbo charger overboost code, and when the rpms drop the hold in the 1500 rpm range for 2-3 seconds, then intermittently drop to 950 rpms and hold indefinitly until i tap the accelerator pedal at which point they drop back to the normal 750 rpms. No other smarty program has done this on my truck.

Thanks to Don M and Browns Diesel for getting me the injectors 2 days BEFORE the promised date No thanks to DHL for crappy delivery, and thanks again to Bob and Marco for all the work they do long after the customer has purchased their product.
Old 05-15-2008, 11:22 AM

DHL is the worst carrier of them all!!! It always takes more time with them than any other carrier. Every time I have ever dealt with them they are late by days.
Old 05-15-2008, 11:28 AM
trx

Glad to hear you got your sticks in must suck waiting for the call. As per your truck holding rpm's at 1500 mine seems to do the same takes couple seconds for it to kick down lower, not much of a problem just not used to it. I may go back to the 4.4 or try my luck on standard revo.
Old 05-15-2008, 11:59 AM

Did you notice a power difference between the DDP's and flux's, Im on the fence on which one to get?
Old 05-15-2008, 12:01 PM

Turn your wastegate setting to "stock" and you can get more boost without throwing a code. What's the most boost you were seeing when it threw the code?
Old 05-15-2008, 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by LakeLife79
Turn your wastegate setting to "stock" and you can get more boost without throwing a code. What's the most boost you were seeing when it threw the code?
Thanks for the advice, i'll make that change. I don't know at what psi the code was set, but i see about 50 psi boost at wot.
Old 05-15-2008, 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by Hintz
Did you notice a power difference between the DDP's and flux's, Im on the fence on which one to get?
I can't make any comparisons on power, because I changed the program at the same time. I did notice that the truck is very quiet now, and idles very smooth. I sold my DDP's to a friend, and he is happy with them. I'm curious as to how the fuel mileage will compare.
Old 05-15-2008, 12:15 PM
DTR 1st Sergeant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by jlibert
I can't make any comparisons on power, because I changed the program at the same time. I did notice that the truck is very quiet now, and idles very smooth. I sold my DDP's to a friend, and he is happy with them. I'm curious as to how the fuel mileage will compare.
Fuel mileage is out the window now because you won't be able to resist hammering it.
Old 05-19-2008, 05:00 PM

I've tried the program with the wastegate on and off, and still get the 0234 overboost code. Any ideas? Didn't ever have a problem throwing that code before at over 50 psi.
Old 05-19-2008, 07:07 PM
DTR Advertiser

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Can you get a fooler to try out JP? How hot was it there today?
Old 05-19-2008, 09:48 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by jlibert
I've tried the program with the wastegate on and off, and still get the 0234 overboost code. Any ideas? Didn't ever have a problem throwing that code before at over 50 psi.
Do you have a Pressure box that does not do boost fooling? My power puck does the same thing if I don't run a Boost fooler
Old 05-19-2008, 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by Don M
Can you get a fooler to try out JP? How hot was it there today?
I called Richard Brown today and he's sending me a boost fooler. It was about 102 degrees today! I asked Richard about my slight "steam looking" haze at idle, and he said it isn't normal. I returned the programming back to stock, and it still hazes. I'll keep you updated after I get some more miles on it. I can say that even my friends notice how quiet my truck is with the new sticks. The power is definitely there.
Old 05-19-2008, 10:27 PM

Originally Posted by bluechrome
Do you have a Pressure box that does not do boost fooling? My power puck does the same thing if I don't run a Boost fooler
Smarty only as far as electronics go.
Old 05-20-2008, 12:08 AM

JP...

White smoke kinda haze??? Wonder if the o-rings were no good....have you checked you oil level yet???? What about coolant level????

Hope it's not bad man...you dont deserve anything bad....you should only have good "KARMA" for all the help you gave me!!!!!
Old 05-20-2008, 12:41 AM

Originally Posted by 2007 5.9
JP...

White smoke kinda haze??? Wonder if the o-rings were no good....have you checked you oil level yet???? What about coolant level????

Hope it's not bad man...you dont deserve anything bad....you should only have good "KARMA" for all the help you gave me!!!!!
Thanks Les. I'm not that worried about it. From what a couple of the experts on comp D said, it's somewhat normal with the f-2's. I just wish i had a golden pump like you have. I've went from SW9 to SW7 in search of good rail pressure. With SW7, rp drops to 18 and builds up to 23k. I upped the rail pressure from 3 to 4, but it made it worse. I'm trying sw5 with the rail pressure on 3. Oil and coolant good last check.

Quick Reply: Fluxed & TNT'd