3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

First Impressions of Quad's new box

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2005, 04:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone other than quad selling these boxes online? I did a search but couldn't find anybody.

Kris
Old 03-16-2005, 04:15 PM

Try www.cmpchips.com or call them their number is on the website. Thats where I got mine
Old 03-16-2005, 11:09 PM
Banned

Bought mine from Kyle Graham, he is an advertiser and member of DTR.
Old 03-17-2005, 12:40 PM

Whoooo Hooooo!! Just got the ok from the CFO (read wife) to purchase the box!!! I printed the product description, the install instructions and a few of the comments posted by y'all and 'just happened' to leave them in a conspicuous place for her to find. Surprisingly, she actually read the material I innocently left and is convinced that the $$ would be well spent because it will increase fuel mileage enough to pay for itself! Yeah Baby, that's why I thought it'd be a good buy, fuel mileage!! This will be my first performance upgrade & I can't wait!!

Sorry about the long post, but this box is exactly what I've been wanting & I feel like a kid at Christmas!!!
Old 03-17-2005, 01:10 PM

I have VA 3-2 box and need your opinion on how this quad bow would stack with it.
Old 03-17-2005, 04:09 PM

You don't have enough air/turbo or transmission to use the VA 3.2 by itself...Why stack?

The Quad or another box similar (Juice, BDDL, Ramifier, etc) would be a better set up alone on a stock truck.
Old 03-17-2005, 06:32 PM

Is the 140 Race module too hot for a "stock" truck? More specificaly, mine with a turbo back 4" exhaust and AFE Magnum Force with torque tube. I'm going to order, just don't know which model I should get. Not really up for a new clutch and/or turbo. Thanks, John
Old 03-17-2005, 06:54 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
0303 - it has 4 levels - 0-60-100-140. I would not suggest running the 140hp level with those mods and a stock turbo/trans. The 100hp level is probably about the limit. I would suggest the race if you want something you can grow into later, or if you don't plan on future upgrades to turbo/trans, get the standard and save a few bucks. I would suggest getting the race and leaving it on 60hp all the time.
Old 03-17-2005, 07:43 PM

Just FYI you can upgrade the module at anytime. You don't even have to unplug the wiring harness. Just unplug the box and use your bypass plug and ship us the module. Or in certain instances if you pay to upgrade we can just send you a new box and you can send the old one back.

I am an advocate of the 100hp module because they are just flat awesome and smooth, but I know people want more power than that. Don't get me wrong that 140hp is smooth as anything, but more smoke and the throttle is a little touchier.

Quad
Old 03-17-2005, 08:56 PM

Now you tell us Quad!!!

Yes I just entered the dark-side...I just ordered the 140 model. I figured it's something I can grow into, and from what I've read so far, the 30hp setting [I] won't be using much. 60 and 100 I'll use a bunch and the 140 only for special occasions!

So how much to order the flash for the 40hp? I would assume it would run...Oh...Maybe $100? If it's less I'd like to know asap!

Also Quad, are you saying the 100hp setting on the 'race' version might not be as smooth as the 100 standard?

Dang this forum!!

I'll post results as soon as tested.

--D
Old 03-17-2005, 10:43 PM

glowball, if you are gonna order one, why not order one from one of these fine sponsers to this site. Kyle Graham is well respected sponsor that offers TONS of information to help those enhancing their trucks. I say give Mr. Graham your business, as he financially contributes to DTR via sponsorship. Why not reward those who help keep this site alive.
Old 03-17-2005, 10:50 PM

RockRover, when I was pondering which box to get I PM'd quad. At the time he told me that I could start off with the standard, and if I felt I needed more, then i could upgrade to the race version. I didn't share that with everyone because I didn't know if it was a one off deal just for me, or a public offer.

I know what you are thinking though. Why not buy the standard version for $100 less than the race version, and then send it to Quad for a free upgrade to the Race Version and save $100. I would seriously doubt that it would be any cheaper to do the upgrade, than flat out buying the race version itself.

I'm waiting to hear from you guys with the Race version. I myself have thoughts of what 140 (er or 130hp in my case) would feel like. I sure know 100hp is real nice , and can't image what 130/140 would feel like. I do know that driveability would suffer though. The race box is a more aggressive version that will (or so I'm told) make your truck more throttle sensitive. C'mon race guys, I've shared my story, lets start hearing from you.
Old 03-17-2005, 10:56 PM

which one did you get ?

Quick Reply: First Impressions of Quad's new box