3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

EZ or XZT

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2006, 09:56 AM
Chapter President

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where are you looking for the prices for the EZ? MSRP is around $495 while the XZT is $299. In comparing little eaten apples with even less eaten oranges, my dad's 2000 feels great with the EZ and boost elbow, (I haven't driven it very much since its been on there) while my 2004 305hp with XZT just felt solid and predictable on mileage and power. (My truck also probably weighs 1,000+ pounds more than his). It felt more solid from idle through 2200 rpm (didn't go past that much) than the 60hp setting on the Std. Xzill. while the 100hp at 1800rpm started feeling better, but it took that long to get to that point. I now have the Race box and it feels awsome through the power band at all the settings. Personally I would go with the XZT (I have shallow pockets), the EZ does feel good, but for $449 you can have the Quadzilla adjustable Xzillaraider. On the smoke, our trucks running pressure and timing won't smoke much, it takes adding fuel to make things smoke. My dad's 2000 does smoke between gear changes, but he also hits the throttle a little hard off the bat, it seems like he uses the same throttle position all the way through low rpm to shift. (And it takes him a little longer to get to speed, than with me driving)
Old 12-06-2006, 10:27 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Duallydog
Where are you looking for the prices for the EZ? MSRP is around $495 while the XZT is $299. In comparing little eaten apples with even less eaten oranges, my dad's 2000 feels great with the EZ and boost elbow, (I haven't driven it very much since its been on there) while my 2004 305hp with XZT just felt solid and predictable on mileage and power. (My truck also probably weighs 1,000+ pounds more than his). It felt more solid from idle through 2200 rpm (didn't go past that much) than the 60hp setting on the Std. Xzill. while the 100hp at 1800rpm started feeling better, but it took that long to get to that point. I now have the Race box and it feels awsome through the power band at all the settings. Personally I would go with the XZT (I have shallow pockets), the EZ does feel good, but for $449 you can have the Quadzilla adjustable Xzillaraider. On the smoke, our trucks running pressure and timing won't smoke much, it takes adding fuel to make things smoke. My dad's 2000 does smoke between gear changes, but he also hits the throttle a little hard off the bat, it seems like he uses the same throttle position all the way through low rpm to shift. (And it takes him a little longer to get to speed, than with me driving)
Thats an 03 with that boost elbow....and its my understanding the EZ felt lots better on the 03-04's because it boost fooled WELL and added the fuel pressure. Thats not the case with 04.5+ since it basically does nothing but pressure.

The 03 EZ also had more settings than the 04.5 with more power.