3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

EZ or XZT

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2006, 11:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EZ or XZT

looking at getting something to get just a little more out of the truck, which one would you recommend and later ill probably stack it w/ the smarty?
Old 12-05-2006, 01:28 PM
Banned

EZ is pressure only.....XZT does some timing too.

The EZ cannot be "off" unless you unhook it from the map and FP sensors.....

The XZT has an off position so you can be stock

The XZT costs the same as an used EZ plus does timing and has cool LED's haha

The XZT is a better buy IMO

When you stack it with the Smarty, select an even number for the smarty program and you'll be good to go!
Old 12-05-2006, 01:48 PM
Chapter President

i would like to try one of those with my triple dog
Old 12-05-2006, 01:51 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by goodeyesniper75
i would like to try one of those with my triple dog
the XZT would be better since it does a better job boost fooling than the EZ does...cause basically it doesn't.
Old 12-05-2006, 01:53 PM

973604x4 not to derail the thread here, but would you recommend an Edge EZ to try with a BDDL? I am looking for a pressure box to screw around with and am deciding between MP-8 and the EZ. The MP-8 seems more adjustable but other than that I don't know which would be better. And could either be used in conjunction with the Quad Boost Fooler? Thanks

EDIT, NM you just answered it
Old 12-05-2006, 02:02 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by supercharged_hp
973604x4 not to derail the thread here, but would you recommend an Edge EZ to try with a BDDL? I am looking for a pressure box to screw around with and am deciding between MP-8 and the EZ. The MP-8 seems more adjustable but other than that I don't know which would be better. And could either be used in conjunction with the Quad Boost Fooler? Thanks
I'm an expert on this.

Here we go:

Bullydog/EZ stack.....Extreme/EZ on 3 netted 14.51 in the quarter mile. Adding the EZ slowed spool up a little...but put a a little kick in the pants when the turbo spooled. it was an OK stack.

Bullydog/MP8.....much more adjustable, more power. Unfortunately don't have track times to compare. The MP8 is more than a pressure box...it does a hair of timing and gets fuel started NOW from the bottom. unfortunately, my MP8 messed up on me....sometimes boost fooling would work, sometimes it wouldn't....i turned the MP8 to 100% once and through a CEL. I called TS and they are currently reprogramming my MP8 with newer software.

I beta tested the boost fooler....and ran it with the BDDL/MP8 stack. It works well. I wouldn't ever consider owning a bullydog without a boost fooler now.

as to which i would recomend...the TS MP8 is the more popular one and does more.....I just hope you don't have the problems I did. If there are problems, TS is very helpful on the phone.

However, the EZ is a solid product, just doesn't perform like an MP8.

Your call...but definitely get a boost fooler.
Old 12-05-2006, 02:06 PM

Lol, you definately sound like an expert, I can't believe how many boxes you've tried.

Boost fooler is already here. I PM'd you about buying one of your MP-8s a week or two ago. You've pretty much convinced me on the MP-8 now so when you get them back be sure to PM me back if you want to sell.
Old 12-05-2006, 02:11 PM
Banned

Lol, you definately sound like an expert, I can't believe how many boxes you've tried.

Boost fooler is already here. I PM'd you about buying one of your MP-8s a week or two ago. You've pretty much convinced me on the MP-8 now so when you get them back be sure to PM me back if you want to sell.
PM sent to you. I actually have 2 MP8's getting updated right now....both of which I will be getting rid of when i get them back.

the 06 MP8 is already claimed, obviously! the other is for an 04.5-05.

yes i have spent too much time and money trying different things.....2 programmers, 5 different boxes, a boost fooler (wherever that fits in), and the Edge Attitude and the A2 monitor.....waaaay toooo much
Old 12-05-2006, 02:16 PM

PM'd back .......

Will it make some smoke with the MP-8? Extreme and Tow only put out a bit of a puff off the line then they clear right up.
Old 12-05-2006, 02:20 PM
Banned

PM'd back .......

Will it make some smoke with the MP-8? Extreme and Tow only put out a bit of a puff off the line then they clear right up.
not really....100% will give a little more but not a bunch more.
Old 12-05-2006, 03:00 PM

EZ doesn't do boost fooling?

Is that on the 04.5 and up! I thought I put the boost elbow on my 03 so I could go to a higher boost.

I was really considering the EZ for my 05. Should I get a different box? I am not going to the strip just wanna smoke a few ricers and ******** with there windows down are fun tooo....
Old 12-05-2006, 04:23 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by reb0957
EZ doesn't do boost fooling?

Is that on the 04.5 and up! I thought I put the boost elbow on my 03 so I could go to a higher boost.

I was really considering the EZ for my 05. Should I get a different box? I am not going to the strip just wanna smoke a few ricers and ******** with there windows down are fun tooo....
04.5+ trucks use an electronic waste gate so the boost elbow thing no longer applies. I don't think it boost fools...and I abused the heck out of mine. I even saw fluctuating boost psi while using an EZ under steady throttle. It was like it was trying to boost fool but wouldn't communicate....maybe i had a bad unit....but it works great on the truck its on now (6 speed)

If you were going to use a pressure module by itself, go with a Quadzilla XZT.

With any of the pressure chips mentioned here, you will not much more if any more smoke than stock.
Old 12-05-2006, 05:53 PM

i don't have 97's know how but I love my van aaken pressure box more kick in the bum than my juice by far!
Old 12-05-2006, 10:53 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Lundee
i don't have 97's know how but I love my van aaken pressure box more kick in the bum than my juice by far!
never tried it....maybe i should
Old 12-05-2006, 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by 973604x4

With any of the pressure chips mentioned here, you will not much more if any more smoke than stock.
amen to that...when i test drove my tuck at the deale rwith the ez on it, i got in the seat prepared to see smoke.....but i was let down...no smoek at all!

Quick Reply: EZ or XZT