3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Experience with fuel tank skid plate?

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2005, 08:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Experience with fuel tank skid plate?

Does anyone know of written instructions for the installation of the fuel tank skid plate? The dealer cannot find anything in writing regarding install. I looked at it when they had the truck up on the lift, and we think we know where to position it, but it would sure be nice to have that location confirmed. The location of the separate cross-member is what is less clear. There are 3 holes in the skid plate and cross member that probably line up, but at that location there is an exhaust system bracket that may interfere.

When I ordered the parts, I didn't have them order the fasteners because the info I had was that they were a common item. Wrong! So they are on order and will deliver to the shop first thing in the morning. I go back up tomorrow to have it installed. Any help would be appreciated!
Old 03-31-2005, 09:31 PM
'People of Wal-Mart' 2010 finalist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
fasteners not a common item for a Dodge... My local screw shop carries anything from #6 Pan Head screws thru 1-1/2 Socket Head Cap Screws in just about any length you want. I cant imagine what DC has used that wouldn't be "common"