3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Protection Group Fuel Tank Skid Plate?

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2003, 07:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Protection Group Fuel Tank Skid Plate?

The 4 x 4 protection group only has a transfer case skid plate.
Any idea if the 04s' will include one? Any of y'all installed an aftermarket retrofit? Vendor? Thanks!
Old 07-27-2003, 09:44 AM

Re:Protection Group Fuel Tank Skid Plate?

Hi. I’m a newbie here and have been lurking for a while. Just bought a 2500 HO QC off the lot. It had everything I was looking for except the transfer case skid plate. I’d like to know if anybody has a good recommendation for a T-case plate, and more importantly, fuel tank slid plate. If I have to, I can get the DC T-case plate, but I’m still going to need to cover the fuel tank.<br><br>Thanks!<br>
Old 07-28-2003, 03:11 PM

04 protection group includes fuel tank skid plate, xfer case skid plate and front towhooks. 04 offroad group is basically the protection group plus fog light, manditory 4.10 axle, and a decal.
Old 07-28-2003, 05:38 PM

The cheap skid plates that Dodge puts on are not worth it. U can make your own fairly easy. The only one that has to be contured is the t-case plate. The gas tank is more important to save. Basic measurements and a drill will get u there. Any place that sells thick sheet metal will cut it for u. Remember to drill holes for the water to drain out. <br><br>I made them for my Nissan Xterra. It took 3 sections to complete the under body skid plates. Then I also made rock sliders for it which are like running boards but they mount up against the bottom of the doors to protect the bottom of the doors from sliding off a rock and smashing in the bottom of the truck. I never had the pleasure of using them, but I have seen people who could of used them and the damage that it does is extremely expensive to fix and destories the truck.