3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

edge juice to hot juice upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2005, 10:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
edge juice to hot juice upgrade

did someone before say they traded in their juice and paid XX? to upgrade to a hot juice? anyone know the details and even if this is possible? i think i want to fry my tranny to give me an excuse to build a better one
Old 10-14-2005, 12:02 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You get a release form from Edge fill it out. Send the signed form, the Juice module and $100 bucks to Edge and they will upgrade to HOT version and return it to you. I think the form is posted somewhere on their site, if not email me and I can email you a copy of the form.

BTW, TDR members can upgrade to HOT Juice for free.
Old 10-14-2005, 05:40 AM

HOT Juice

Originally Posted by djcheez
did someone before say they traded in their juice and paid XX? to upgrade to a hot juice? anyone know the details and even if this is possible? i think i want to fry my tranny to give me an excuse to build a better one
Think twice about that upgrade. My experience is that going straight from the Juice to the Hot Juice gave me a full second SLOWER truck in the 1/4!! I'm not saying the HOT doesn't provide more power, but rather you'll need to upgrade your turbo to take advantage of the increased fueling you get with the Hot Juice. IMO, the basic rule of thumb is with power increases that some product offers then there are support products necessary to accommodate that power increase. My $.02.
Old 10-14-2005, 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by OT-OF-Here
Think twice about that upgrade. My experience is that going straight from the Juice to the Hot Juice gave me a full second SLOWER truck in the 1/4!! I'm not saying the HOT doesn't provide more power, but rather you'll need to upgrade your turbo to take advantage of the increased fueling you get with the Hot Juice. IMO, the basic rule of thumb is with power increases that some product offers then there are support products necessary to accommodate that power increase. My $.02.
Well I agree, I have about $7,500 worth of mods to support the 180hp setting on the HOT Juice/EZ or Crazy Larry download stacks. Before that 100hp was really all I could really use.
Old 10-14-2005, 10:10 AM
Banned

If I were you, they only way that I would upgrade to the HOT is if you have done so many freakin mods that you are running out of fuel supply and then upgrade to the HOT!!! Like those guys said above, it will probably end up hurting your performance if you don't have much done to your rig. JMO

But if you really want to do it, just go to www.edgeproducts.com and they have a form that you fill out and mail it to them and they will reprogram it for you
Old 10-14-2005, 07:33 PM

i guess i didnt think about it for more than a day. I always have the need to go faster but i didnt even think about all the additional components necessary to run the hot juice. so at this time i will stay put and make a thourough plan of upgrades. thanks for the input
Old 10-14-2005, 09:49 PM

The best way to put your plan together is to decide what your final goal will be. Think about that hard. Do you just want to be able to beat the ford and chevy diesels to the next light, have more responsive throttle for daily driving, do you have a horsepower number in mind, etc. If you tow heavy that is a major consideration for BOMBing. Do you want to put the truck on the drag strip or enter pulling competitions. Lots of things to consider and then still have a lot of questions probably. I did a lot of research, reading and talking with a lot of the performance manufacturers and found a local performance shop specializing in Cummins. Talked some more. And even though I new almost exactly where I wanted to end up, it still took months to decide and more months to get where I am now. I still have a number of more things to do before I reach my final goal. It can become a very expensive quest.

Keep asking questing your questions, you will get some very good advice and of course some not so good advice along the way. I think you will be able to tell the difference.
Old 10-15-2005, 07:23 AM

The plan

Originally Posted by djcheez
i guess i didnt think about it for more than a day. I always have the need to go faster but i didnt even think about all the additional components necessary to run the hot juice. so at this time i will stay put and make a thourough plan of upgrades. thanks for the input
I'm sure there are as many opinions as there are people offering them. I just checked out your profile. If your profile is all inclusive then you have some major $$$ to spend, IMHO,...or not. I depends, as others have told you, on where you want to go with this. Looking at what you have now this is where I would go and why. I'd go with one of the big three and get that tranny upgraded in a major way. It will absolutely be the best money you spend. If you ever intend to race it and will be power braking and most guys do, then you'll probably be doing boost launches from 10lbs to 20lbs. The closer you get to the 20lbs the more billet internals you'll need to add to your upgrade list. Why the tranny,... because you can't go if it doesn't go. If you do nothing else the tranny, it will make your rig feel like you added another 50hp+! Why, because the power is going to the ground. You can also expect to see a couple mpg increase because of more efficient coupling of the powertrain components. Then if you go to a major jump in power to the HOT, CLDL or TST then your going to need some help with the lift pump and you need a FASS or Air Dog so you don't run out of fuel. If you go to any of those boxes then you need a turbo upgrade and most of the wide range of turbo upgrades will put you with a 5" downpipe and then you need to decide what to do with your exhaust. By the time you upgrade the turbo, or before, you need to do an air intake mod. I'd recommend just holding tight on the air mod until you decide which turbo arrangement you want as some of the standard upgrades guys use (AFE, Scotty etc) are not usable with the turbo upgrade, so save the money until you are firm on what turbo upgrade you'll be using. As others have told you, you need to have in mind firmly whether you'll be towing or not and if so, ..what weight range is being towed. This will determine especially what kind of box and turbo upgrades you should use. Rewinding a bit,...I suggest a box with a lot of adjustability as it will allow you to accommodate a variable of situations that you will encounter if you tow, but not tooooo heavy and you race but not toooo much etc etc. And fuel costs and mileage are an issue so that is an consideration also and why I'd recommend maximum adjustability from your box choice. And generally speaking if you go beyond a point where you can't just pull your upgrade off to go to the dealer then you can of course kiss your drive-train warranty goodbye. There are tons of great products out there and you should research them seriously before you buy or you'll have a long list of parts to put in the classifieds. I, like others, have some definite ideas on what are the best products for different situations or power upgrades you will need depending on where your going with your quest. That confidence only comes from doing a zillion hours of research on what upgrades your wanting to utilize. Hope that helps.
Old 10-15-2005, 08:04 AM

great info thanks for the help. the biggest problem is what is my goal? Once i get there i am never satisfied and need more. I race 4 wheelsers and after close to 25k in trial and error with a 175 h.p. motor, i scrapped it all for a 300 h.p. motor. who knows where i will be in 4 years. The point is Once i start something regardless of my original intention, it always ends up significantly higher, faster, better, or whatever. My goal is to go faster. How fast? faster. Then when i get there, it must go faster. See my problem?, i may have found another money pit that i really dont need. My truck is prolly 90% daily driver, then 10% towing 10-13k of trailer. The only racing i do is anyone who shows interest when i pull up next to em . i bought the edge origianlly to get a lil more oomph pulling my trailer cause of the 315's. So it sounde like i am at my limit now with what i have. juice level 5 has shown the most of 5% slippage when i am out acting like a teenager. I suppose i will leave it alone and start with a tranny upgrade eventually and then work my way up
Old 10-15-2005, 12:20 PM

My plan is:

Edge juice/attitude
new 89% converter probably and a valve body mod
injectors or injector tips in 75hp upgrade

and my mods in sig.... (all gauges, dynomax buillit, afe stage 2, rokk sensor)

I am hoping for upto 100hp upgrade to the wheels, and to be safe.

I use my truck daily.
Old 10-15-2005, 03:41 PM

The Juice/Attitude, air intake, high flow muffler can add 100rwhp as long as you do the TC/Trans upgrades. The Juice/Attitude provided the simplest, most consistent and very drivable power of all the combos I have tried so far. If 100rwhp is what you want that will get you there without any problems, at least it did for me.

I have long since moved on to higher levels and goals.
Old 10-15-2005, 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by RamWheelsBy4
The Juice/Attitude, air intake, high flow muffler can add 100rwhp as long as you do the TC/Trans upgrades. The Juice/Attitude provided the simplest, most consistent and very drivable power of all the combos I have tried so far. If 100rwhp is what you want that will get you there without any problems, at least it did for me.

I have long since moved on to higher levels and goals.
Cool, thanks.

For now that is all I want. But I do realize that without the trans upgrades, it would be useless. I feel this dodge TC/tranny is JUNK!
Old 10-15-2005, 04:13 PM

Actually the 48re can handle 80-100hp, just the tc is very mushy and on the high settings you just have to be careful.