3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Edge ???

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2005, 08:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Edge ???

I read in another thread that "The transmission and trans lockup monitoring does not work if you have the tire size reprogrammed". I just installed 35" procomps on my truck and am curious about this. What exactly does this mean. I have adjusted the attitude for my tire size but would like to correct my speedo also. Will my attitude still function properly if I redo the speedo. Can anyone please go into more detail on what will happen. Thanks

Travis
Old 10-11-2005, 09:09 PM

got to www.edgeproducts.com and download the install instructions for your juice w/ attitude, it will explain this.
Old 10-11-2005, 09:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What the manual says is:

NOTE: If you re-calibrate your tire size at a Dodge dealership, the
transmission slip backdown feature will not function.

I noticed this early in the year. A couple of other forum users also saw the same thing. The section on you and your transmission did not exist then. It took a number of phone calls with Edge and finally a local truck before Edge finally acknowledged the problem. So far the fix is to put the warning in the manual. Better than nothing I guess.
Old 10-11-2005, 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by RamWheelsBy4
What the manual says is:

NOTE: If you re-calibrate your tire size at a Dodge dealership, the
transmission slip backdown feature will not function.

Will this ever really be a problem on the first through third setting? I typically wont be running anything other than level 1. Are there any suggested mods for the trans short of rebuilding the entire thing? Maybe an aftermarket torque converter.

Travis
Old 10-11-2005, 11:37 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I dont think it is a real problem through level 4(80hp) on a standard Juice/Attitude box and stock tranmission. It was just confusing when I new the tc was locked up and the Attitude monitor said it wasn't. Based on my obsevations, conversations with a number of Juice users and posts that I have read the slip % is a very questionable value on stock setups. I ran with a stock tc/transmission on level 5 at the track and on the street for a while. If I really tried I could make the TC slip in lockup, but on the street that is hard to do. Just not enough room most of the time. I guess with a heavy load it would be easy, but then you should be on tow mode and won't have any problem.

I just wanted to find out why it did not do what Edge said it should do. Just my .02.