3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Diablo vs. Superchips vs. BD?

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2007, 06:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Diablo vs. Superchips vs. BD?

I am looking to try another tuner and I'm wondering what people are running and what there thoughts are on the tuners on the market?
Old 06-04-2007, 08:15 PM

Ive been using the Diablo Predator w/o the puck. Plenty of power and you can control the egts .Been really happy. I havent got the new update which fixes the idle surge. Hope this helps.
Old 06-04-2007, 08:18 PM

Just got the bully dog today with the outlook and i like it alot.
Old 06-04-2007, 08:19 PM
Banned

do yourself a favor and dont consider superchips. i had one and will never owm a msd product again due to my experience with one of the companies they own. if you dont mind spending the money i love the smarty

brett
Old 06-04-2007, 08:24 PM

superchips is a joke. its not gonna beat the diablosport or bully dog theres no way. superchips to me is like banks, a big name is what you pay for not awesome performance.
Old 06-04-2007, 08:26 PM

I have a superchips, both the firefly and flashpaq. As soon as i find a buyer, i will be doing the smarty. Out of your 3 choices i would say BDDL
Old 06-04-2007, 08:36 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by pooperscooper
I have a superchips, both the firefly and flashpaq. As soon as i find a buyer, i will be doing the smarty. Out of your 3 choices i would say BDDL
well im glad youll be coming over to the dark side. you wont be disappointed. some of the SC guys are hardcore and while i can respect that they will not entertain anything other than a SC. its terrible how they keep getting drug through the dirt and the infamous extreme tune keeps getting passed over so they can purse other projects makes me sick. i think their product made decent power and it cheap, but there service is HORRIBLE. in my experience they are the most dishonest, uneducated, dare i say morons i have come across. but this is strictly my opinion and dont mean any bad will towards them...

brett
Old 06-04-2007, 08:50 PM
Banned

Well i have ran all but the superchips dont even consider it a power adder your wasting time and money fooling with it. The diablo is the power adder i would go with it has the low end like no other programer out their, bullydog runs better on the top end but the diablo is .4 faster in the quarter mile than the bullydog and ppe.
Old 06-04-2007, 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by rustyshakelford
well im glad youll be coming over to the dark side. you wont be disappointed. some of the SC guys are hardcore and while i can respect that they will not entertain anything other than a SC. its terrible how they keep getting drug through the dirt and the infamous extreme tune keeps getting passed over so they can purse other projects makes me sick. i think their product made decent power and it cheap, but there service is HORRIBLE. in my experience they are the most dishonest, uneducated, dare i say morons i have come across. but this is strictly my opinion and dont mean any bad will towards them...

brett

I have been waiting for the extreme tune for a while now. I have given up. i want more. i think smarty and something stacked with it is the anwser. they are pretty much morons, i was promised something and have yet to recieve it...that IMO is bad buisness. Most of the guys running around here with a smarty have no problems, and the few that do seem like they are being taken care of.

Plus Undetectable is sweet
Old 06-04-2007, 09:33 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
SUPERCHIPS FLASHPUKE BLOWS

Get a smarty.
Old 06-04-2007, 09:38 PM
Banned

you guys are cracking me up!! i think the only person thats been happy is mizzu. i dont hear him complain about the SC...

brett
Old 06-04-2007, 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by rustyshakelford
you guys are cracking me up!! i think the only person thats been happy is mizzu. i dont hear him complain about the SC...

brett

Sc is not a bad product but it does not compare to the hp you can get from other tuners. It will not remove the speed limiter as advertized and there will never be an extreme tune to allow it to perform like predator PPE Smarty etc... If you only want a little more power with no worries of having to improve other aspects of your truck they are safe. I bought mine bcos it was the only tuner at the time that would allow me to change tire size. I wish I would have waited for the smarty.
Old 06-04-2007, 10:07 PM

i own a diablo and so does my best friend.i have the stack on my truck on my truck.i bought it for $378.00 wich is cheaper then both of those and you have a 180 hp to play with lol.we thats if you don't have a stock trans.
Old 06-04-2007, 10:20 PM

Thanks guys for the feedback. I was leaning toward the Diablo in the first place, but this makes a guys decision alot easier.
Old 06-04-2007, 10:26 PM

Good luck wingman hope you have fun!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: Diablo vs. Superchips vs. BD?