3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Custom Suspension Build - pics

Old 04-04-2012, 09:00 PM
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Possibly - I'm gonna tell him to use his imagination and show me several different scenarios before they print it.
Old 04-04-2012, 09:19 PM
Vendor - Former Vendor

I got everything back from the powdercoaters today! I chose silver vein powder coat for the finish. It is a black undertone, with raised silver texture. I showed a close-up pic, as well as all the stuff. It was like Christmas today
Attached Thumbnails Custom Suspension Build - pics-powdercoat.jpg   Custom Suspension Build - pics-texture.jpg  
Old 04-04-2012, 09:22 PM
Vendor - Former Vendor

The first pic is of the radius arms. Second is the steering box brace that doubles as a sway bar drop bracket (4"). The third pic is the spare tire tailgate, and the last pic is of the Thuren track bar and the Thuren crossover steering with the tabs I added for the steering stabilizers.
Attached Thumbnails Custom Suspension Build - pics-arms.jpg   Custom Suspension Build - pics-steeringbrace.jpg   Custom Suspension Build - pics-tirerack.jpg   Custom Suspension Build - pics-thuren.jpg  
Old 04-04-2012, 09:26 PM
There is no G. There is no G. Repeat after me, THERE IS NO G!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
They came out great I like the grey and black
Old 04-05-2012, 08:15 AM
Vendor - Former Vendor

Thanks! I'm going to try to get some bumpers tacked together today. I'll try to post some pics up tonight!
Old 04-05-2012, 08:17 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Top notch stuff!!! I can't wait to see the truck finished and put together.

--Eric
Old 04-06-2012, 01:24 AM
Vendor - Former Vendor

Me too - I can't tell you how bad I miss my truck. It has been sitting torn town over two months now waiting on me to get the time to do this!

I should have some bumper pics tomorrow. I'm doing a slightly different style than normal. Maybe not even noticeably different, but I think it's a good change. We'll see how it turns out.

Anyway, I spent the last 4 hours fighting a ball joint change... one side only. Lots of aggravation and a smashed thumb. That's the last time I'll do that with the axle disconnected and sitting on jack stands... And now I remember why I switched from mechanics to metal work!
Old 04-06-2012, 05:56 AM

Sweet build
Old 04-06-2012, 01:05 PM

Love the progress of this project. Truck's looking great...nice work brother!
Can't wait to see the finished product.

Been looking at your site lately...may be looking to pull the trigger on one of your front bumper replacements here in the near future.

Keep the pics coming!
Old 04-06-2012, 11:05 PM
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by cstewart
Love the progress of this project. Truck's looking great...nice work brother!
Can't wait to see the finished product.

Been looking at your site lately...may be looking to pull the trigger on one of your front bumper replacements here in the near future.

Keep the pics coming!
Thanks man! Just holler at me anytime on my cell phone. The number is on the site. Remind me that you're from DTR and I'll see if I can hook you up.
Old 04-06-2012, 11:16 PM
Vendor - Former Vendor

Well, I had to postpone my appointment with the graphics shop until Monday. It has taken much longer than expected to finish everything! I cleaned, wiped down, and painted the frame and axle. I got the bumpers tacked together and got the suspension all installed. Tomorrow I'll finish the steering and finally get to drive it around! Here are some teaser pics. Note that the back bumper will get a license plate cutout... It will look almost like the 4th gen bumpers that we just started.
Attached Thumbnails Custom Suspension Build - pics-imag1421.jpg   Custom Suspension Build - pics-imag1417.jpg   Custom Suspension Build - pics-imag1420.jpg   Custom Suspension Build - pics-imag1423.jpg  
Old 04-10-2012, 08:16 AM
Vendor - Former Vendor

Here's yesterday's progress:

Tire balancing problems - I ended up taking out the equal tire balancing bags. They acted strange. Sometimes the rear tires felt perfect, then sometimes the balance was off and the vibration was awful. I had all of them balanced with lead weights by a friend at a tire shop, which is what I probably should have done in the first place.

The bumpers should be done and coated today. Finally some familiar work!

I spend most of yesterday working on the paint booth for our new spray system. I'll post some details later after we spray my bumpers as a test.

The last pic is the truck at the graphics shop waiting on the wrap!
Attached Thumbnails Custom Suspension Build - pics-imag1435.jpg   Custom Suspension Build - pics-imag1436.jpg   Custom Suspension Build - pics-imag1438.jpg   Custom Suspension Build - pics-imag1444.jpg  
Old 04-10-2012, 08:26 AM
There is no G. There is no G. Repeat after me, THERE IS NO G!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I like.

The steering linkage and box stabilizer call to me. Coming together nicely. On that rear bumper, no step - that's different. I like it clean, but I'm a shorty and would need the help
Old 04-10-2012, 09:12 AM
"How in the heck do I change the phrase in between my user name and avatar?"

As far as your tire balance concerns go....have you thought about looking into a set of Centramatics? I hear they work wonders on semi-truck tires and since you are running oversized treads on that beast......

Trucks gonna look great in the end.....very nice work!!!!!
Old 04-10-2012, 09:14 AM
"How in the heck do I change the phrase in between my user name and avatar?"

Since you're going to the Nationals you could just stop by their shop in Ft. Worth (Burleson I think it is....) and have those suckers put on and then head across the way to the track .

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Custom Suspension Build - pics