3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Custom Suspension Build - pics

Old 04-10-2012, 11:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You certainly didn't come to slow dance my friend! She's coming along nicely (and quickly)...
Can't wait to see the new wrap job!

Heck, I'm ashamed at the work you have done here. I feel like I have really done something just washing mine...

Again, great work man! Truck is STOUT!
Old 04-11-2012, 02:49 PM
Banned

No hurry...but pictures yet???

Old 04-11-2012, 03:45 PM
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Shorts
I like.

The steering linkage and box stabilizer call to me. Coming together nicely. On that rear bumper, no step - that's different. I like it clean, but I'm a shorty and would need the help
Thanks! There actually is going to be a step area. I'm making this one just like the 4th gen rear bumpers. This one's the prototype and I didn't want to keep taking it on and off the truck, so I built the step once the bumper was on the table.

Originally Posted by jhenson
As far as your tire balance concerns go....have you thought about looking into a set of Centramatics? I hear they work wonders on semi-truck tires and since you are running oversized treads on that beast......

Trucks gonna look great in the end.....very nice work!!!!!
I just checked out their site. They're only 20 miles or so from Ennis where the Nationals are. hmm..... we'll see how the tires do on the way down there.

Originally Posted by cstewart
You certainly didn't come to slow dance my friend! She's coming along nicely (and quickly)...
Can't wait to see the new wrap job!

Heck, I'm ashamed at the work you have done here. I feel like I have really done something just washing mine...

Again, great work man! Truck is STOUT!
Shoot, I'm only working so fast because I have to be on the road by noon Friday! I wish I always got so much done.... my customers wouldn't have to practice so much patience!

Originally Posted by enafzige
No hurry...but pictures yet???

Ask and you shall receive. Here is where we are at right now. I hope to have everything done and completely installed by tomorrow night.

The first pic is the test spray with the new coating system. This stuff is awesome! It'll be on the first two bumpers tonight.

The next two pics are the bumpers that are going on my truck for the show and vendor area. In a couple weeks, I'll build some that fit the truck a little better.... such as pre-runner bars, non-winch, LED light bars... the current style. This set is for a local customer. Nice of him to let me borrow them, right?

The last two were taken this morning at the graphics shop. It's called Sign Planet and he does awesome work. The right side of the cab is done and they're probably done with the drivers side by now. They said they're staying up tonight until it's done!
Attached Thumbnails Custom Suspension Build - pics-imag1446.jpg   Custom Suspension Build - pics-imag1449.jpg   Custom Suspension Build - pics-imag1450.jpg   Custom Suspension Build - pics-imag1447.jpg   Custom Suspension Build - pics-imag1448.jpg  

Old 04-12-2012, 01:19 PM
"How in the heck do I change the phrase in between my user name and avatar?"

I've not yet checked into them (Centramatics) but I think if you make the call they will install them for you while you wait. Wish I could make the trip to the Nationals but unfortunately my shift at work is a weekend shift so unless I burn 18hrs of vacation for one days pay it's not gonna happen. Hope you do well promoting your items and maybe next year I can make it should I choose to go day shift........I really would like some new bumpers for my '03 .
Old 04-12-2012, 04:56 PM

Lovin the truck! Can't wait to see the finished product! Vendors doing things like putting up build threads of their shop trucks are the type of vendors I like to buy from, and I need F/R bumpers for my Dodge
Scott
Old 04-12-2012, 05:45 PM
Banned

Those bumpers even in the raw are a work of art! Great job!

I can't wait to see the truck done too. With as much work as you're putting into it, you may think about having Don or Carli valve you a good set of shocks for that thing!!

--Eric
Old 04-12-2012, 05:52 PM
There is no G. There is no G. Repeat after me, THERE IS NO G!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Backwoods Bumpers
Thanks! There actually is going to be a step area. I'm making this one just like the 4th gen rear bumpers. This one's the prototype and I didn't want to keep taking it on and off the truck, so I built the step once the bumper was on the table.
Makes sense.

The more I see of your work the more I'm impressed. I wish I could hang out in your shop for a day. You've got really good metal work skill.
Old 04-13-2012, 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by Shorts
Makes sense.

The more I see of your work the more I'm impressed. I wish I could hang out in your shop for a day. You've got really good metal work skill.
I agree...your attention to detail and skill is paramount. However, I am interested to know who wrapped your fridge? SWEET....
Old 04-17-2012, 10:51 AM
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by cstewart
I agree...your attention to detail and skill is paramount. However, I am interested to know who wrapped your fridge? SWEET....
hahahaha I painted that a few years back when I wasn't so busy. It took most of a day

Thanks for the compliments everyone, and I apologize for the delay. I actually just got back in town from the Texas Diesel Nationals. I have been unable to post or use a computer since Friday. I'm glad to say that the truck did great. We drove it 1300 miles to Ennis, San Antonio, and back this weekend. I still have a vibration that comes and goes, but it's not too bad. It's either a driveline or rear tire. Not sure but not a big deal. Anyway, here is a pic. I'll post some more up when I can take some better ones.
Attached Thumbnails Custom Suspension Build - pics-imag0205-1.jpg  
Old 04-17-2012, 10:54 AM

That turned out amazing great job!!
Old 04-17-2012, 12:04 PM
There is no G. There is no G. Repeat after me, THERE IS NO G!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Truck looks awesome

I almost drove out there to Ennis but I was stag since DH had drill. I hate going places by myself
Old 04-17-2012, 12:58 PM

WOW....very nice!

Glad i'm not located in your neck of the woods...This thing would make me feel like I was driving a Hybrid if you rolled up on me at a light.

Nice work brother. You should be very proud.
I'll make sure to look you up when it's time for a front end mod!

Later
Old 04-17-2012, 02:24 PM

Any opportunity to get a higher resolution and glossy shot of that truck in front of your shop maybe? I am due for a new wallpaper.
Old 04-17-2012, 04:54 PM
Banned

Beautiful beautiful and beautiful! Great job! Put up some more pics...

--Eric
Old 04-18-2012, 09:34 AM
Vendor - Former Vendor

Thanks guys! I'm going to wash it and get some better pics. And you don't want to see pics in my shop. It always looks like somebody strapped a bomb to my tool box and 50,000 grinder wheels..... It doesn't seem to matter how often I clean and sweep. The next day it's a mess again! I'll try to get some good pics with a good background today or tomorrow.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Custom Suspension Build - pics