3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Commander Update Testers Needed!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2006, 11:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by qzilla
There was a point where we made a resistor change for the button circuitry a while back but, I did not think there were still any/many still out there.

The first thing you can do if you want is take the Commander apart and clean the bottom of the buttons with alcohol. That has worked for some people. You can also clean the pad on the board if you want.

The next thing I need is a serial number and a pround about purchase date to see if it is possible you guys still have the old hardware on the buttons.

If we deem you have a button issue that cannot be easily resolved we will just swap it out and you can send the old ones back in.

I went over the cleaning process and why it works a while back but, basically the bottom of the button has a carbon resisor on it and proper resistance is required to make a button push complete.

Now the majority seems to think the buttons are really good now after the update. I know on the one in my truck I can easily play with them while driving with just the end of my finger and my hands still on the wheel. They even seem almost too easy to push?

One way or another we can get the issue resolved. I am certain that the update will cure 99% of any of the button issues out there or it will make them better than they currently are even if there was not an issue.
Okay, tomorrow I'll try cleaning the contacts with an alcohol swab. If that doesn't work I'll get you the serial number. Thanks for the help!
Old 11-22-2006, 06:10 AM

Did the update before work today, it worked great. This is a great product! Real quick and easy.
Old 11-22-2006, 06:13 AM

No problems with mine on the way into work this morning. At least my tranny temp was at 100* this morning instead of 104* like it use to be so I know the update worked.
Old 11-22-2006, 08:28 AM

Originally Posted by qzilla
What is the serial number of your Commander?

When was it purchased? If it is a Beta unit it might not have the proper USB software on it?
Ahh could be, I got it almost a year ago, I'll get the S/N of it and PM you, Thanks!
Old 11-22-2006, 08:49 AM

Update went well, didn't notice any real differences, but my buttons are harder to push now or atleast the second one than it was before. Second button definately requires more force than any of the others.
Old 11-22-2006, 09:44 AM

I did the update and the button issue that is being discussed is a mechanical issue. My bottom button you have to push kinda to the left and it will work easier. If you push it normal you have to push really hard. After the upadte, the top three buttons did work faster and smoother while carrying out the change it was suppose to be doing. I am going to clean that last button to see if it will make it work better.
Old 11-22-2006, 03:09 PM

After the update, the buttons do work the program info faster. I know this, since I installed a time delay relay on the power feed. This way after I shutdown the engine I can review the max / min value for each item. I set the time delay to be able to review the boost, EGT, Inj Pressure, and fuel pressure before the screen would go blank. Now after the update, I have more time then needed to get all the records. I can reduce the time delay
Old 12-06-2006, 05:00 PM

Ok we have a newer update to completely sove the fuel pressure issue. We found something stupid and it now works great.

We also sort of messed the very top of the boost reading and Rail Pressure reading up on the last update and the new version solves that. I guess that is why I wanted to make sure we tested it good before I just let everyone update it.

I think I pm'd everyone the new link to the latest update, I think. If you did not get it please let me know and I will send it to you.

I want to make sure we solved everything before everyone does the update. Let me know.

Quad
Old 12-06-2006, 05:05 PM

I didn't get a PM...
Old 12-06-2006, 05:11 PM

Yes you did, check again!!!!!
Old 12-06-2006, 05:20 PM

.....Thanks!
Old 12-06-2006, 05:23 PM

The link doesn't work for me. It redirects me to a error screen.
Old 12-06-2006, 06:52 PM

Quad
Boy do I love this controller. The update worked great no problems. The revision number is still 1.2 11/15/06 This the same as the last update, is that correct?
Old 12-06-2006, 07:03 PM

The revision number is still the same at this time simply because we never "released" the last one. The first update did fix a lot of stuff but it was sort of a Beta test to make certain that we had our ducks in a row for the usb stuff as it can be tricky at times.

This latest update fixes 2 issues:

#1.) On the last updated we screwed up the very upper portion of the boost and rail pressure readings by putting a limit on them. The boost limit was around 38psi and the Rail Limit was at 24415 or something like that.

Those issues are fixed.

#2.) We found the issue with the fuel pressure sending units and this fixes them.

I want to repeat if you recieved an update link from me today it is only about 1hr old or so. Update your Commander and as soon as I know we did not do something else stupid we are going to revise the version number and release it to everyone.

Also ptgarcia, we fixed the issue with the error screen, we had a file name that was not correct.

Quad
Old 12-06-2006, 07:27 PM

I tried the newest update and the fuel psi is still not correct. This is the link CommanderUpdateV1212062006.exe I don't know if the sending unit is working correctly.

Quick Reply: Commander Update Testers Needed!!