3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Catback or turbo back exhaust? Which brand? What do you have, and why?

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2011, 04:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is John P a screen name or an actually name? I don't recognize it from my forum trolling.
Old 08-06-2011, 06:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would get a muffler delete from gg and leave it at that for now. You have a long ways to go before you will need anything more.

Personally, I went the mbrp turbo-back route, duals. I am kind of meh on it. Without the muffler the 06 sounded great (imho). Having it vent on the drivers side is loud. I used their muffler and never bothered with the delete, it is just gathering dust. Down low it sounds great - low and smooth. When you're on it, it is loud.

The smoke/smell gets to me too. Previously the exhaust smelled almost sweet. Now it just stinks

That said, I may throw a high-flow cat on, we will see.

Did a ton of mods this year. If I could start over I would stick to the smarty and stock exhaust (with delete pipe) and my suspension/wheels (suspension being my favorite mod, by far), and the southbend. Intake I think I am going back to stock.

She hauls the mail, but I lost 3-4mpg in the process (stock injectors / turbo).

If it isn't in my sig my ride is an 06 qc.

My $.02