3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Cabin Fever Upgrades

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2011, 05:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Holy cow d45 you have done more high dollar building than most of the magazines....nice truck and good reading!!!
Old 01-07-2011, 08:36 PM
D45

Originally Posted by MTRK2002
Holy cow d45 you have done more high dollar building than most of the magazines....nice truck and good reading!!!
Thanks.......but while I have invested alot into my truck, it is no where near the amount you may think

I just bought an Industrial Injection 120% CP3

Hopefully some 90 HP nozzles, a Wilson Thrasher, Fluidampr and maybe a new intercooler this year
Old 01-09-2011, 10:58 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
that truck is going to last 100 years. thanks for taking the time to take picture and put up detailed posts.
Old 01-12-2011, 03:19 PM
D45

Originally Posted by GhettoVaquero
that truck is going to last 100 years. thanks for taking the time to take picture and put up detailed posts.
That is the plan......one more year and it is paid off and I don't want a truck payment for a very long time
Old 01-12-2011, 07:53 PM

This thread is great D45, i really enjoy all the pictures it helps alot and all the feedback you give on the products, I cant believe what happened with your flex plate but im glad they helped you out (i would have been super mad if that happened to me) but keep it up, people like you are what keeps these forums great and helps us not so experienced guys to learn your mistakes and what you did to overcome the problem. thanks
Old 02-05-2011, 08:04 PM
D45

Been a while since I updated this......here is my current wish list:

T&C Modded WILD Rail
T&C CPRV Valve 26K
Wilson Thrasher Intake Kit
Wicked Diesel Coolant Bypass Kit
90 HP Nozzles......unknown company yet
Industrial Injection 85% Dragon Fire CP3

I am hoping to find cash for a Fluidampr and a intercooler.......if the large single turbo purchase doesn't kill me

I am really hoping the II CP3, T&C Modded Rail, and some 90HP nozzles really wake up the truck

The Super B Single will be replaced with a larger turbo, because I would be afraid to see how hot things got with the Single otherwise......just need to start seriously looking at and researching turbos
Old 02-05-2011, 08:06 PM
D45

I have the T&C PRV because I have heard that much larger single CP3s can have some spikes, which are transfered directly to the injector/nozzles......I want to try to minimize that, thus the reason for removing the rail cap
I run my Smarty on #9 all the time......stock RP though

I have a Quad RP Gauge and don't really see any spikes right now, just trying to be preparred for the large II CP3 and the other fueling mods to come.....

I am trying to stay with a single turbo and a single CP3 (thus the reason for the larger II CP3 I have), for simplicity reasons........and so I have more room in the engine bay to work

I am also going to take my entire 5" MBRP exhaust (no cat and no muffler) off the the truck, from the turbo all the way back to the 6" tip......it is showing some decent rust. It will be blasted and coated in high temp, silver ceramic powdercoating, to match the ATS Pulse Flow manifold and to last forever

I am also thinking about one of those Spool Aids..... ????

The II 85% Dragon Fire CP3 was at II, that was getting cleaned, check and inspected at II......it finally was delivered!!
I just bought a used Bosch fuel rail and a used PRV valve, both for a mere $75

The fuel rail and PRV are getting sent to T&C Diesel....which was sent out today in the mail

www.tcdiesel.com

All of the ports and passages are going to be machined and enlarged into their WILD RAIL for only $260

The PRV will be turned into a Constant Pressure Valve set at 26,000 PSI.....for $50
Old 02-06-2011, 01:41 PM

Put flames on one of my bikes fuel tank last year. Dyno numbers remained the same but I know it goes faster now
Old 02-07-2011, 12:43 AM

Some of the later mods really hit home with me as they're on my front end hit list. Namely the Maxx links, the PSC steering brace and the sway mounts. I wonder if you might post an list of upgrade parts and part #s.

However, that would be a very long list and understandable if too much to ask.

For me, other than what's listed above, its DynaTrac free spin hubs & ball joints, along with all new U-joints connected to the front axle, and a quality track bar. Going to give that front axle a 95% vacation.

You'll like the Bielstiens. Mine are will hit five years old and 60k miles this June (no rust).

Also need a steering dampner. Bounced mine off something out in the prairie and it has a definite dent in the underside.
Old 02-07-2011, 10:33 AM
D45

I like the Bilsteins ALOT better than the largely over-priced and grossly over-rated Fabtech Dirt Logic shocks!!

I am using a Radflo steering stabilizer from Defiant Offroad.....which has been a GREAT upgrade!!

The greaseable sway bar urethane mounts were purchased from Hell Bent Steel:

http://www.hellbentsteel.com/product...-bushings.html

I bought the Maxx Links from Summit Racing:

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SPX-SMX-1226L/

I used the Maxx Links for a truck with a leveling kit.....to put the end of the sway bar back at a proper angle
Old 02-07-2011, 02:47 PM

I'm also interested in the steering support bracket and the flange bearing that seems to support the steering box end of the pitman arm. Were did you source these items?

Any suggestions on track bars? I have a dealer installed Readylift spacer 2" leveling kit.

I believe Smarty is all I'll do with the engine. This is a work-horse rather than a race horse. As it is, the stock clutch is outclassed already. Bought the truck with 10k miles and I think the previous owner toasted it. I've been babying that thing for 70k miles. Once I figure out what clutch to go with, then that's a near term change.
Old 02-07-2011, 03:37 PM
D45

You can just google PSC Dodge Ram Steering brace.....it will pull up a ton of vendors.

The brace will come with the flange bearing......
Old 02-07-2011, 03:41 PM
Chapter President

Location: misplaced Idahoan stuck in Albuquerque, Roughneckin on RIG 270
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by D45
You can just google PSC Dodge Ram Steering brace.....it will pull up a ton of vendors.

The brace will come with the flange bearing......
Kyle,

Its time for another round of pics!
Old 02-07-2011, 05:46 PM
D45

Originally Posted by cbrahs
Kyle,

Its time for another round of pics!
Chris,
I will get some pics of when the WILD fuel rail and CPRV from T&C Diesel get back.....

So far, I could only post up some boring pics of my Industial Injection 85% Dragon Fire CP3.......

I just need to figure out what size nozzles I want and what turbo to get.....
Old 02-08-2011, 09:59 AM
D45

II 85% Dragon Fire CP3

Name:  012.jpg
Views: 59
Size:  48.6 KB

Name:  013.jpg
Views: 42
Size:  49.5 KB

Name:  014.jpg
Views: 67