3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Bully Dog

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2005, 09:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bully Dog

Whats everybodies take on the Bully Dog. Does it seem to be reliable, does it throw engine codes? Is anybody running the Crazy Larry setting? How does this compare to the Juice-attitude combo. I'm thinking about buying a programmer and the Bully Dog seems to be the bang for the buck.
Old 12-23-2005, 09:56 AM

I guess bully has a PROM flash/piggy back for the ford (so I've been told). That would be ideal since its easy and does not compromise the integrity of the electrical. It can also be removed quite easily if you need to. Not sure if this is available for the cummins.

There used to be someone out there who would flash the cummins ECM, but cummins put a stop to that. (I think it was TST)

Edge makes a product that plugs into your OEM wire harness. Much better than the wire-tap style install from some manufacturers, but not as good as the ECM/PCM-OBD based stuff.

I got some banks mods.. but I'm gonna get the hell outa here before I get mobbed.
Old 12-23-2005, 03:40 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I like my Bully Dog setup. I wish I had the Triple Dog so I could change the actual settings with the Outlook instead of fueling/defueling like the Powerpup & Outlook combo does. Haven't had any codes or problems with the programmer and had one minor problem with the Outlook that they fixed free of charge. I like that the Outlook can defuel when your EGTs get too hot and have been very pleased with the whole package. Hope this helps
Old 12-23-2005, 03:46 PM
Banned

Black Dog,

The info we get returned from customers is it's a great product, the Crazy Larry is just that CRAZY on HP, not for everybody but great for those that want it. The Triple Dog is taking over the sales of the Power Pup eveyrday. Just like leonesm said the ability to change HP levels on the fly is very nice, no more stopping and reprogramming etc. If you have any questions just call us up and we'll be glad to help you.

Mark @ DPPI
Old 12-23-2005, 04:34 PM

If your looking for lots power bully dog crazy larry is what you need. I have a friend with a new 4x4 (lucky). He has a crazy larry, 90hp fuel box, intake, exhaust and an HTS tranny. His fastest time in the 1/4 mile was 12.76. The problem with all that power is the money sunk into the tranny.
Old 12-23-2005, 06:46 PM

I think the bully dog sounds awsome. I looked at there site and it says you can have one of ther dealers load a tune for you and you can go drive it, FOR FREE!!! Just to make sure your going to like it. How much better can it get, plus the price is pretty cheap.

I already found a Bully Dog dealer near me in Maine for when I get my 06' QC.
Old 12-23-2005, 11:38 PM
Chapter President

Thumbs up Black Dog

I have the Power Pup on my 03 and I love it. Makes good power and it's fairly cheap. I am currently running mine on "tow" setting and have run it on "performance" without any issues. Plus it makes a little smoke come out the ol tail pipe

HUMP
Old 12-24-2005, 01:17 AM

i have the Crazy Larry program loaded on my truck right now as a matter of fact. The truck handles it fine if i watch the EGT gauge rather than the speedometer.

I like it. Juice/Attitude doesnt compare in power at all.
Old 12-24-2005, 07:50 AM
tcb

i run it as well, just leave on performance and never change it. i tow at that level as well with no problems. makes my 03 act like it should. the only problem is the one i have now. just sent it back for a reflash so i am back to stock and stock stinks. when i mailed it off i started looking at the edge, but really do not see any benefits or that system over what i have now other than something new. i do have gauges so i assure you temps are ok.
tim
Old 12-24-2005, 10:07 AM

I have the Power pup & really like it, took a trip to Florida recently, had it set on tow all the way down & averaged 12.5 MPG pulling my 28' box trailer with 6 bikes inside (approx8-9K lbs.) just to compare, I set it back to stock on the return trip, & milage dropped to 10.5 put it back on tow, back up to 12.5 & loved the rest of the ride home also does about 1 MPG better driving around empty, & from what I've seen actually does even better on fuel in performance mode (if you can control yourself, that's why I leave it on tow )I tried the extreme mode, just for a few minutes when I had my 04 auto, it's just too much for stock parts, have never had it on extreme with my 6 speed, don't want to buy a clutch yet The only complaint I have is Bully Dog doesn't give Power Pup owners the free upgrades, like they do for the Triple Dog, guess they don't appreciate their earlier customers
Old 12-24-2005, 12:57 PM

Or even best of both worlds, do the bully dog stacked with the juice. I have all the nice features of the attitude and all the horsepower of the bully dog. Then again I can't play to hard I can make my turbo sing. I need a bigger turbo.
Old 12-24-2005, 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by Black Dog
Whats everybodies take on the Bully Dog. Does it seem to be reliable, does it throw engine codes? Is anybody running the Crazy Larry setting? How does this compare to the Juice-attitude combo. I'm thinking about buying a programmer and the Bully Dog seems to be the bang for the buck.
The pup will through a code that niether the dealer or Bully Dog can clear. I have heard this several times and directly from a Bully Dog rep while standing inside Bully Dogs facility. The code is just bacicaly about the software having been re-writen - not good if you want to have warranty work done. As for the new Tripple Dog I haven't payed much attention to it since I can't seem to get Bully Dog to even reply to my questions.
Old 12-24-2005, 03:19 PM
Banned

Bully Dog

I looked into the edge system but there was a lot of guys on here that said bullydog would just blow them away. So I purchased the Triple Dog Downloader and all I can say is HOLY***T. I have not downloaded the CL Program because I am afraid to, honestly!! I currently have it stacked with the quad ZXT Box and I run the BD on Performance. I love it. The combo gets me 20 mpg hand calculated!! I also have the three pillar guage set up so I can keep a watch on my boost and egt's. I am going to get the outlook because of the safety features!! I highly reccomend this product. I was thinking about selling it and going to the edge but I soon changed my mind!!!

Shane
Old 02-24-2006, 08:59 PM
Banned

Bully Dod Info.

I've never ran the edge in my dodge but I have one in my duramax. The bully dog proggramer seems to be alot safer on the dodge. Two of my close friends burned their dodges up running the edge. I dought they were taking it easy at the time but still....
I'm running the Crazy Larry in my 06 one ton. At first I was a little scared of the
performance and Crazy Larry setting bacause of the stories Ive heard as well as
what happened to my friends. So I called Bullydog an spoke with one of the techs and he said Crazy Larry seting shouldnt hurt anything as long as I use the
pedal in moderation. I leave the programmer in Crazy mode all the time unless I'm hauling a heavy trailer. Why? Because the outlook I ordered with my downloader will not fit the 06 models. The outlook will not be available at least another 6 weeks or more, so I'm told. The Crazy Larry setting is a daylight and dark comparision to the other levels. Crazy Larry mode seems like its from a completly different programer. In Crazy Larry mode the vehicle moves efforatelessly during acceleration. The engine seems silent compared to the other settings. My mileage at 70mph on smooth pavement and no wind
was 18.5-19.5 mpg in stock. In Crazy Larry mode in went up to 23.5-24.5 mpg. The power increase is amazing. I just wish this trans. was an Allisson. This trans. seems to be easily confused.---------Feel free to email me if you have any questions. Blakeglk23@gmail.com
Old 02-24-2006, 09:01 PM

great fuel milage and awsome power

Quick Reply: Bully Dog