3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

boost fooling

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2007, 02:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
boost fooling

does edge juice w/ attitude have boost fooling feature?
Old 12-28-2007, 04:22 PM

fooling

Yes it does.
Old 12-29-2007, 12:19 AM

What, exactly, does a boost fooler do?
Old 12-29-2007, 04:25 PM

i dont think the edge has boost fooling thats why i ordered the quadzilla boost fooler
Old 12-29-2007, 04:44 PM

Juice does have boost fooling. There is a plug that runs right into your MAP sensor that does the boost fooling through the box.
Old 12-29-2007, 04:50 PM

so will the quad boost fooler do anything on my truck?
Old 12-29-2007, 05:41 PM

any edge juice with attitude? or a specific year of truck? Do you control it or does the edge automatically fool boost?
Old 12-29-2007, 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by ryan 2500ctd
so will the quad boost fooler do anything on my truck?
Naw man. you already have a connection from your juice plugged into your MAP. The quadzilla does the same thing. Male end to female and female to male. I have a friend with an 06 that put the juice with attitude and bought a boost fooler after i got mine and its not compatible. you already have it.
Old 12-29-2007, 06:06 PM
Chapter President

Just because it has a MAP plug doesn't mean it boost fools. It alters the signal to the pcm from the MAP sensor so that the pcm sends more fuel to the injectors. This has nothing to do with boost fooling. An MP-8, Power Puck, Etc. plugs into the MAP but doesn't boost fool. I've not seen an edge boost 45 lbs alone like other chips will with a quad boost fooler. Why would the edge have boost fooling when it is designed to defuel to prevent high levels of boost?
Old 12-29-2007, 06:22 PM

ya thats wat i thought my truck with the juice will only hit 40psi but with the boost fooler it should hit 45to48 from what i have read
Old 12-29-2007, 07:02 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by SolarYellow05
Just because it has a MAP plug doesn't mean it boost fools. It alters the signal to the pcm from the MAP sensor so that the pcm sends more fuel to the injectors. This has nothing to do with boost fooling. An MP-8, Power Puck, Etc. plugs into the MAP but doesn't boost fool. I've not seen an edge boost 45 lbs alone like other chips will with a quad boost fooler. Why would the edge have boost fooling when it is designed to defuel to prevent high levels of boost?
Dude you're wrong. The Juice does boost fooling, and as a matter of fact the mp8 you listed as not boost fooling does as well. My Juice made 46psi peak boost with the stock turbo as the only mod done to the truck.
Old 12-29-2007, 07:32 PM
Chapter President

Originally Posted by omaharam
Dude you're wrong. The Juice does boost fooling, and as a matter of fact the mp8 you listed as not boost fooling does as well. My Juice made 46psi peak boost with the stock turbo as the only mod done to the truck.
Well when I called TS Performance they said the MP8 does not boost fool. It is pressure ONLY. I put twins on an 05 a while back and until he got a boost fooler he was throwing an overboost code as well, with an MP-8 on the truck. Just because something is hitting 45 lbs at peak doesn't mean it's boost fooling. My truck with the Quad X2 that is not boost fooling right now due to a software flaw, will peak at 47 lbs, but will not sustain it. When I had my old Quad box that was boost fooling, it would sustain 45 lbs. Your wastegate can only flow so much, and with enough fueling, you can move enough air to make 45 lbs peak boost with the wastegate open.
Old 12-29-2007, 07:38 PM

MP8 Dosent Boost Fool.....Adam Knows what he's talking about, The Assulting drive pressures will increase the knowledge of the Companion CPD Module and the drive pressures also increase the ability to sight the of the Boost pressures....As long as your drive pressures are below 500 KPA PSI Ratios of deliverence through-out the camel abbits.....Will keep the boost fooling active on the mp-8 wobbler shaft...its next to the muffler bearing and kevin kline aftershave......

In reality... Adam's Right....The rest is Just Kidding
Old 12-29-2007, 07:43 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well then TS needs to get together and have a meeting so they are giving the same information to everyone.

Read this thread. Even Quad says the Juice boost fools and he's tested just about everything.
https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...d.php?t=147898
Old 12-29-2007, 07:52 PM
Chapter President

Originally Posted by omaharam
Well then TS needs to get together and have a meeting so they are giving the same information to everyone.

Read this thread. Even Quad says the Juice boost fools and he's tested just about everything.
https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...d.php?t=147898
From what I have heard and observed, the Juice doesn't boost fool to the degree that the Quad does. I would like to know at what point the boost fooling is set. I know the wastegate will open with the J w/ A on the truck. I'll tell you I'm not sure on that, but I do know for a fact the MP-8 does not boost fool. The truck I put twins on was running a Smarty set for aftermarket turbo (which boost fools but only in the 40s-that came directly from Bob Wagner but I don't remember the exact number), and an MP-8, and was throwing an overboost code as soon as it went past the limit set by the Smarty. Once the Quad BF was installed, there were no more codes.

Quick Reply: boost fooling