3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Using Quadzilla boost fooler with Edge Attitude W/ Juice?

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2007, 10:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Using Quadzilla boost fooler with Edge Attitude W/ Juice?

Hello everyone, I've been tooling around here for the last week, and I have to say this site is AWESOME! Can you use the Quadzilla boost fooler with the Edge Juice. The reason I ask is I have a chance to get a used boost fooler for free. From what I have read the Edge all ready does this function, so would the boost fooler do anything at all?
Old 04-23-2007, 11:23 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by goose2w1
Hello everyone, I've been tooling around here for the last week, and I have to say this site is AWESOME! Can you use the Quadzilla boost fooler with the Edge Juice. The reason I ask is I have a chance to get a used boost fooler for free. From what I have read the Edge all ready does this function, so would the boost fooler do anything at all?
Edge Juice does its own boost fooling....but take the free boost fooler and sell it!
Old 04-24-2007, 12:06 AM

Well, like you said the Edge does its own boost fooling and normally I would not go out and tell you to buy one.......

BUT

We have had several dealers installing them with the Juice modules. They install them first instead of last like normal and they say it makes the Juice a LOT smoother and the trucks seem to run better?

Might be worth a try since it is free?
Old 04-24-2007, 12:13 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by qzilla
Well, like you said the Edge does its own boost fooling and normally I would not go out and tell you to buy one.......

BUT

We have had several dealers installing them with the Juice modules. They install them first instead of last like normal and they say it makes the Juice a LOT smoother and the trucks seem to run better?

Interesting Quad, very interesting.

Wish i had both of those laying around this week....i would love to see how it goes
Old 04-28-2007, 03:58 PM

BUT

Well, I just ordered mine from DTR and will check it out with my EDGE Juice w/Attitude.

So, if I am reading you right Quad, I would hook the Boost Fooler up first to the engine sensor, and then the attitude into the connector receptacle coming off the Boost Fooler Module?

I have also gone through the many posts about how the BDDL does not work with the BF at times. On some trucks, no issues, on others, into limp mode. Will have to wait and see on that one.
Old 05-24-2007, 12:12 AM

Originally Posted by jtharrisjr
Well, I just ordered mine from DTR and will check it out with my EDGE Juice w/Attitude..
So do we know if the Quad BF works with the EDGE w/ attitude yet?
Old 05-24-2007, 08:35 AM

It does seem to smooth things out. Running the BDDL on performance and the Edge at 2. No issues, no codes, just more fun. Next, on to bypass filters...
Old 05-24-2007, 10:18 AM

How well does the Juice work off of a fooled boost signal? Is the Attitude accurate at that point for max boost and backdown features?

jtharrisjr, you are running timing on top of timing with the Juice and the BDTD? You are playing with disaster if you ask me. Or did you mean you have the EZ and not the Juice?
Old 05-24-2007, 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by staarma
How well does the Juice work off of a fooled boost signal? Is the Attitude accurate at that point for max boost and backdown features?

jtharrisjr, you are running timing on top of timing with the Juice and the BDTD? You are playing with disaster if you ask me. Or did you mean you have the EZ and not the Juice?
As for the boost fooling, the Edge Juice tops out at 32 and my mechanical gauge keeps climbing past 40, then I back off manually, the Edge does not know I have exceeded my 38 lbs of boost I have set for backdown. I have my gauges set so that when I reach the maximum numbers I want, my gauge needle is at 12 oclock, so I am not trying to read numbers while I'm busy with other things...All I need is a quick glance to check needle position.

As for running all three mods, I have been running the Edge Juice and the BDDL until I recently got the BF. I believe there are other members that have run these two together, so far no issues, no timing rattle...some run the BDDL at Tow, and adjust the EDGE at will. I am now running performance on the BDDL and keeping the Edge at the 0,1, and somtimes 2. I have used 3 at times with no timing rattle. I am considering dumping the Edge when Quad adds a turbo cool down feature to his Commander, at that point, I will probably run BDDL, a Quad box and Commander. Always a but, but, I have been following the Quad and Diablo stacktoo...
Old 05-24-2007, 04:17 PM

I never imagined those two working together. I know the Juice is pretty aggressive with timing and I thought the combo would be killing head gaskets and valves but if it works it works.

I've been watching the Diablo as well. I wish it did more creature things like high idle, tire size calculation, etc.

One more question...why does your Attitude "top out at 32 PSI"? Is that because that's what the fooled number from the Quad BF is outputting?
Old 05-24-2007, 04:58 PM

*disclaimer*

The info I am about to give is my opinion based on my observations. Results can and will vary and to make a 100% accurate decision we will need info direct from engineers at Edge.

Ok, here is what I have observed. The Juice actually fuels harder at lower boost levels and as the boost levels rise they actually fuel less. SO with a boost fooler in front of it we actually keep it fueling by it not thinking it is making full boost yet.

The other thing is that our boost fooler uses some high impedance amplifiers and we smooth the incoming boost signal. I believe this is easier on the Juice since the fueling is based primarily on boost numbers. With smoother inputs it has smoother outputs.

Also, the Edge boxes I have tested with do very little with timing. That is probably why they stack so well.
Old 05-24-2007, 08:05 PM

*disclaimer*

Also, the Edge boxes I have tested with do very little with timing. That is probably why they stack so well.

Is this with all of the Juice modules 03-06?
Old 05-24-2007, 09:15 PM

Qzilla, Thanks for coming up with the Boost Fooler, to paraphrase...we don't make a lot on this product, but it was an area that could use some help, and your expertise shines again. Thanks for the great product!
Could you PM me on any future upgrades and time lines planned for the Commander? I have some overtime coming up at work, and like most people, I need to do some budgeting...Thanks in advance.
Old 05-24-2007, 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by staarma
I never imagined those two working together. I know the Juice is pretty aggressive with timing and I thought the combo would be killing head gaskets and valves but if it works it works.

I've been watching the Diablo as well. I wish it did more creature things like high idle, tire size calculation, etc.

One more question...why does your Attitude "top out at 32 PSI"? Is that because that's what the fooled number from the Quad BF is outputting?
Not sure why it tops out at 32??? My mechanical keeps climbing!
Old 05-24-2007, 11:59 PM

I have a Quad BF haven't used it yet because I thought that my Edge did boost fooling itself. I also have an Mp-8 and I do know that it fools the Edge boost numbers. Were in this mess does the Quad plug in for best results or would it not really change anything?

Quick Reply: Using Quadzilla boost fooler with Edge Attitude W/ Juice?