3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

bd diesel blow off

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2007, 11:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bd diesel blow off

hey all quick question i was looking at the bd blow off valve and was wonderind how it works and what it helps or is it just for show i was told it can help give me a lot of extra smoke is that true and is anyone using it
Old 03-17-2007, 12:11 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The BD Turbo Guard/Blow-Off Valve is to protect turbo(s) from overboost pressures on the cool side. It will reduce or stop turbo "barking" in most cases. I don't see anyway that it will make more smoke.

On the 3rd gen Cummins the kit connects to the TPS/APPS circuit among other physical connections. The install is involved and requires fabrication on the intake tubing at least.

The tuning of the BD BOV can be tricky, but once tuned can generally stay that way. This is the controller tuning options:

Four potentionmeters for adjustment:

APPS:
Set the amount of voltage from the APPS/TPS that needs to be dropped before the valve will open.

TIME:
To set the period of time that the APPS/TPS setting must be initiated in to activate the valve.

RE-APPLY:
To set the amount of re-apply of APPS/TPS voltage to allow before canceling the valve activation.

Pulse:
Set the length of time that the valve should be pulsed open for.

A Cancel input can be used to shutdown/turn off operations with an external switch applying 12volts. I need to do this for the track.