3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Banks???

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2007, 10:32 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm just sayind I'm satisfied with the Banks system. I does as adverstized. I hope everyone is happy with their system. I'm sure Gale Banks tries to steal the latest tech. from his competition just as much as they do from him. I just wan't to relate my poistive experience with Banks, not knock any other programmer. It's not what I would choose to stack if I were still into racing. Today I'd most likely buy the Smarty.
Old 04-10-2007, 10:41 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TR, thanks for the clarification. I still very much consider myself a diesel newbie and very far from those "in the know" however I do aspire to that and is the reason I am on the board. No doubt Banks has outstanding marketing by having two pages each dedicated to Cummins, Dmax and PSD in every diesel magazine you pick up. Working for a compnay that does quite a bit of marketing I can't help but take note and analize.

That said, marketing does not keep our rigs running right but clearly it gets people talking hence the countless threads on Banks. Personally I am still far from making a decision as messing with the computer will only come when i am ready for injectors, twins and a tranny which could be as much as two years away. I want the best for my rig just like everyone else.
Old 04-10-2007, 10:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nothing I said is meant to be a pesonal attack on anyone for owning or having made the decision to buy a Banks product. It is really easy given their getting their name out there. Heck, I thought about it before I researched and found their were better products for a better value.

Annabelle, just to Clarify, everyone tries to find out what the other persons product does better than their own. Banks would buy the other products (before they had their own R&D hp) and just take one label off and put their own on there, then Bash the supplier. This is not the same thing. Just things everyone should know. edit .....I should say, not bash, but tout that theirs is better than the comp when it was the same.

Good luck with whatever you have.
Old 04-10-2007, 11:03 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Appreciate the info.