3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

anyone tried the MILEAGE MAX module?

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2007, 09:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Got mine installed the other day, and there is a definite improvement in mpg. I just don't know how much yet, maybe 2 or so. I haven't finished the tank yet, but the overhead has definitely gone up in the 150 miles or so that I have driven. I put a lot of miles on, so it won't take too long for me to recoup my $.
Old 09-21-2007, 02:59 PM
First Person to Post in the 4th Gen Classifieds

I just ordered mine due to Quad stellar customer service. I sent him a PM and he answered all my questions in less than a hour.

I will post up my gains when I get some good data.

Thanks again Quad.

Jay
Old 09-21-2007, 05:54 PM

It's been a week. Can anyone report any HAND-CALCULATED results with this box yet?
Old 09-21-2007, 07:47 PM

Does the module leave a finger print or any sign that it was installed on the truck when it is removed? Someone said that it left no finger print. just making 100% sure I don't want no trouble with the ***********.

And how much does it raise the timing over stock? I'm just wondering about when it gets really hot out and your stuck in traffic I'd think your computer would start to pull timing. does the module still allow the computer to do this?
Old 09-21-2007, 09:03 PM

No finger print left at all.

It is not going to affect the truck at all if you are sitting in traffic. The truck would be 100% stock. It is not going to affect the timing in any way shape or form that will even think about harming the truck.
Oh, and I have had a few people email us some results, not too many yet but, I have seen as high as 16% and as low as 9% so far. The guy that got 9% thought it would get better as he was playing with it to try and determine if it did anything at WOT and from a stop and such. He said he was basically feeling it out. He also did not get a full tank in that was about 5/8 of a tank.
Old 09-21-2007, 10:37 PM
RRC

Originally Posted by qzilla
No finger print left at all.

It is not going to affect the truck at all if you are sitting in traffic. The truck would be 100% stock. It is not going to affect the timing in any way shape or form that will even think about harming the truck.
Oh, and I have had a few people email us some results, not too many yet but, I have seen as high as 16% and as low as 9% so far. The guy that got 9% thought it would get better as he was playing with it to try and determine if it did anything at WOT and from a stop and such. He said he was basically feeling it out. He also did not get a full tank in that was about 5/8 of a tank.
Heya Zilla, does it boost fool? If not can or should you run a fooler with it? I am looking for anything possible to drop EGT's while towing HEAVY?
Old 09-22-2007, 01:31 AM

Well as it comes from us it DOES NOT do boost fooling.

We do have it as a free download though if you want it.

For most they will not need the boost fooling. In your case it might help you and you can try it out.

Our initial thoughts were if someone was going for mileage they were not going to be seeing 32psi of boost so it was not needed.

After shipping out a few hundred we got calls for people wanting it so we made a free update for it.
Old 09-22-2007, 07:04 AM

is this a plug and play or is it a download
Old 09-22-2007, 10:54 AM

All plug and play
Old 09-22-2007, 04:03 PM
Banned

anymore real world numbers yet. im thinking of putting the smarty on the shelf and trying out this little bugger

brett
Old 09-22-2007, 05:16 PM

It's really hard to want to buy something that you can't tell what it does to your truck... I know it is a mileage enhancer, but how would this thing act with a Rokk sensor, and the tone ring mod???

It doesn't sound like it is for me (as much as I wanted it to be) since I now have a MP-8, it would have been nice if it would play well with my pressure box and modded tone ring, and sensor... but without knowing the design it would be a crap shoot. Just boost fooling and a tiny bit of mpg gain would be worth it for me so I could run my old EZ boost elbow with my MP-8 and get my EGT's down alittle...

Anyone want to tell how you hook up the box, what plug are you attaching it to...
Old 09-22-2007, 05:22 PM

I would not recommend it to go with the MP8.

The whole stacking everything with everything else has everyone a little screwed up. You cannot put a bunch of stuff on your truck and then when you want mileage just add something on top of that and make the mileage come back.

These things were made for a stock truck. There is no way on earth we could tune them with such enthusiastic claims to work with any and everything on the market.

You can most likely physically stack it with anything you want. It is not going to hurt the motor but, you are not likely to see the advertised gains.

So, in your situation what would really be ideal is our new X2 box that is almost ready to go.

You could have 5 or 6 levels (you decide and you can download almost anything you want for it) and put the mileage setting in PL1 and then when you want power you just go up through the levels. That way when you want mileage you have mileage and nothing else. When you want power you have power.

You can get mileage with other tunes but, you can also start sticking your foot in it because it runs so dang good and not get the mileage gain. That is why we built what we did.
Old 09-22-2007, 09:53 PM

can't wait for the x2 my std box is ready for trading. Really hoping the new stuff fixes my rf issues hoping? Am I taking this right that if I have a x2 std box I'll have the milage max setting, Dang you guys rock. Thanks for the up dates. I'll sit here waiting with bells on.
Old 09-22-2007, 10:44 PM

The X2 boxes do not come with it from us but, you can download files that have the Mileage Max programming on them in L1.

Once you can start downloading files you have a LOT of options. Also, the files I am talking about are free. Download all of them and play with anything you want anytime you want.
Old 09-25-2007, 05:55 AM

Alright now. Where are all the results? There were several here who installed this product last week and still nobody has given us any details, except for what I would consider the "placebo effect". This thread was starting to slip away.

The longer I go without hearing back from the folks who are running this product, the more I will assume it is not living up to the hype and the reason we are not getting results might be because there isn't any..

I WANT to hear back from the owners telling us all how awesome this product is so I can order one. I'm not going to order though if the guys already running it are not excited enough about it to post some results.

Quick Reply: anyone tried the MILEAGE MAX module?