3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Another power box

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2005, 10:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Another power box

Has anyone ever heard of this www.888luvdiesel.com my wife showed it to me in one of her horse mags. My truck is all stock and don't really plan on adding anything to it. My wife pointed it out becuase it was in the horse mag only and anything that could get her horses down the road quicker must be good, in her eyes. Anyway though I would throw that out there, it seems like everyone is making plug and play power mods now. In the article I read in the magazine one person said they had a 5 MPG increase, Imagine that.
Old 12-31-2005, 10:56 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Must be REAL good if they have to give away a jacket to try and sell one

I would stick with a proven product if it were me
Old 12-31-2005, 01:14 PM

I completely agree with Lary....
Old 12-31-2005, 01:29 PM

There have been several threads about this module. There is also a current thread about this at dieselram.com

http://dieselram.com/cgi-bin/ultimat...;f=29;t=005108

Seems there are lots of people skeptical about it and some that claim good numbers and say it does as advertised. I have posted on dieselram ram my finding were from questioning people that I believe are experienced with various power modules. On the other hand one fellow by the name Blue3500 has done real testing with pictures to back up everything and swears by it? Kinda confused by the situation but my gut still says that if it's too good to be true it probably is.

Another intersting site that sells the 'workhorse' is:

http://www.ultimatedieselpower.com/

This site makes no attempt to cover up the fact that it is a Dr.P module. The next problem I have is the fact that if it is so good why doesn't DR.P sell the same version...or do they? Is the module in question any different that Dr.P's products? My gut still says something is fishy and if you read my long post on the first link I think you will see what box I will likely get when the time comes.
Old 01-02-2006, 12:10 PM
Chapter President

What It Is

That would be the "Workhorse", It's part of Dr Performance. It seems to me like a budget section selection like Predetor(also Dr Performance, or maybe the other way around) only the Workhorse is the higher priced budget. ($695) But they do come with a money back garuntee and a one week or 30 day trial or something like that, or they did 6 months ago when I was looking at them.