3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

AFE filter problem

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2007, 08:59 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
AEM filter problem

I have installed the AEM bruteforce dry filter system. I love the sound, air flow, and air temp. But am having a problem. The filter falls off of the metal tubing. Has anyone else had this problem? And if so what did you do to fix it? I can tell from the turbo noise when it falls off, and stop and put it back on. And also i check it daily now, but don't want to have to check it all the time. Can anyone give me some advise here.....?

On the edit, I just noticed I typed AFE instead of AEM on the Title of this thread. I am so smurt sumetymez....
Old 02-27-2007, 09:53 AM

Well not having seen one in person, this is just my get-r-done suggestion. Get some heat resistant tape and wrap the pipe to increase the diameter enough so the filter can be tightened securely.

I would say duct tape, but heat will eventually make it dry and crack .
Old 02-27-2007, 08:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
if you take the end of the tube and place 4 self drilling mini screws in the intake pipe slide the filter over them and tighten the band down behind the screws. you could gring the extra screw off one in the pipe, but not to much they are silver screws line 3/8 of inch long with self drilling tips. they are used for metal stud work in construction alot of times. worth a shot
Old 02-27-2007, 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by BlackSunShyne
I have installed the AEM bruteforce dry filter system. I love the sound, air flow, and air temp. But am having a problem. The filter falls off of the metal tubing. Has anyone else had this problem? And if so what did you do to fix it? I can tell from the turbo noise when it falls off, and stop and put it back on. And also i check it daily now, but don't want to have to check it all the time. Can anyone give me some advise here.....?

On the edit, I just noticed I typed AFE instead of AEM on the Title of this thread. I am so smurt sumetymez....
Just tighten the b-jesus out of the clamp. Mine has yet to even move a millimeter. I know what ya mean though, those tubes are slicker than snot new.
Cheers
Mike
###

Just got the Workhorse replacement filter for the AEM intake today. It's HUGE compared to the stock AEM Dryflow unit in my picture! Won't even fit in the space wher the filter is now.
Attached Thumbnails AFE filter problem-bruteforce2.jpg   AFE filter problem-aem-workhorse.jpg   AFE filter problem-aem-workhorse2.jpg  
Old 02-27-2007, 09:08 PM

you could try taking a piece of sandpaper adn roughing up just where the filter clamps on!! just my $.02
Old 02-28-2007, 07:53 AM

Originally Posted by skynyrd
you could try taking a piece of sandpaper adn roughing up just where the filter clamps on!! just my $.02

That might be the best thing to start out with. That metal is just slick as snot on a door ****!!
Old 03-30-2007, 07:50 PM

I took Piler's and bent little tabs up ward all around it
Old 03-31-2007, 10:39 AM

dont tighten the b-jesus out of it....the tube will bend, and the rubber on the filter will tear!!! Go with the four drill holes and small set screws!!