3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

6" superlift + 2" coil spacers??

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2008, 07:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
6" superlift + 2" coil spacers??

Going to put 6" lift on truck 04.5 CTD 2500 and was wondering if anyone had placed a 2" spacer on the coils for more lift and if so was anything else needed or is this even possible?THANKS
Old 02-18-2008, 07:25 PM
Banned

nothing is really needed, but you'll want an adjustable track bar to re-center the axle side to side and longer control/radius arms to re-center the axle front to back.
Old 02-18-2008, 07:26 PM

You can do it, but your caster may be off a little. You might also want to look at getting an indexing ring for the transfer case. Also, Superlift makes some "rockrunner" arms, that are threaded, which will help with the alignment, if need be.
Old 02-18-2008, 07:39 PM

Drop kit for your transfer case. Cost me about 150 ish. Though you dont have a megacab...I heard even ppl with a QC felt a vibration from the driveshaft on the highway...

Didnt ask...but Id advise you not to use the superlift shocks. Or at least keep in mind you will want to change them.
Go with the 5100 bilstiens.
After installing the lift...a little bump felt like I was riding on coils...it bounced like crazy...even after the bump LOL And my tires were getting feathered.
I found out that they use the same shocks on a gas engine. Hence the extreme bounce...not so good for our heavy engine.

Also the bilstiens wont rust, the superlift ones rusted after 2 months...looks crappy to have a nice clean truck and eye sore rusted shocks.
Old 02-18-2008, 08:18 PM

8 inch Rize kit and I have vib/shudder at 60mph.
Old 02-18-2008, 08:29 PM
Chapter President

i have that set up and needed the index ring. i have a set of rock runner arms for sale too if your interested...
Old 02-18-2008, 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by Mindy
Drop kit for your transfer case. Cost me about 150 ish. Though you dont have a megacab...I heard even ppl with a QC felt a vibration from the driveshaft on the highway...

Didnt ask...but Id advise you not to use the superlift shocks. Or at least keep in mind you will want to change them.
Go with the 5100 bilstiens.
After installing the lift...a little bump felt like I was riding on coils...it bounced like crazy...even after the bump LOL And my tires were getting feathered.
I found out that they use the same shocks on a gas engine. Hence the extreme bounce...not so good for our heavy engine.

Also the bilstiens wont rust, the superlift ones rusted after 2 months...looks crappy to have a nice clean truck and eye sore rusted shocks.

wouldnt the bounce ride better, more like a caddy.... or would you rather have it real stiff where you feel every bump???
Old 02-18-2008, 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by sitdownsteve
wouldnt the bounce ride better, more like a caddy.... or would you rather have it real stiff where you feel every bump???
I mean bounce repeatedly after going over the bump...it was like it had to shake itself out after a bump. Crazy annoying and uncomfortable...godforbid you hit a serious of bumps...I mean typical road bumps not speed bumps. It nearly shakes you off the road lol.
The shocks are crap, plain and simple. But those who have a superlift will know what I am talking about.
Old 02-18-2008, 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by ryfrat
8 inch Rize kit and I have vib/shudder at 60mph.
driveshaft might decide to drop itself

I heard of that happening, would really suck to do it while driving. The drop kit is cheap and worth while buy IMO. In fact a few lift companies I emailed when I was looking for a lift told me they warn buyers with megacabs of the vibration...to relieve them of responsibility for it.
Old 02-18-2008, 08:51 PM

Thanks for all the replies,I am going with the bilstiens just thought maybe the spacer might be easy way to get more lift but sounds like I might run into problems.Does anyone know of a place to get a 2" body lift for diesel all I can find is a 3" and with the 6" and 3 body I think the tires [ 37x13.50x17] might start looking small . WHAT DO YOU ALL THINK?
Old 02-18-2008, 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by Mindy
driveshaft might decide to drop itself

I heard of that happening, would really suck to do it while driving. The drop kit is cheap and worth while buy IMO. In fact a few lift companies I emailed when I was looking for a lift told me they warn buyers with megacabs of the vibration...to relieve them of responsibility for it.
If you look at Rizeind web site their install kit was on a megacab and comes with a carrier drop kit but still I have a vib.Called Rize today and Rize said that was a first,they are sending me more carrier shims.Will try that.
Old 02-18-2008, 08:57 PM

ha I am doing a 3 inch body lift too in the spring. 37's might look alright. But IMO just with the 6 sus lift they look too small. But I have issues lol.

pics of my truck in the gallery with the superlift and 37's
Old 02-18-2008, 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by Ricks 2500 CTD
Thanks for all the replies,I am going with the bilstiens just thought maybe the spacer might be easy way to get more lift but sounds like I might run into problems.Does anyone know of a place to get a 2" body lift for diesel all I can find is a 3" and with the 6" and 3 body I think the tires [ 37x13.50x17] might start looking small . WHAT DO YOU ALL THINK?
Go for the 3".Look at member cbrahs.Verry nice guy also.
Old 02-18-2008, 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by ryfrat
If you look at Rizeind web site their install kit was on a megacab and comes with a carrier drop kit but still I have a vib.Called Rize today and Rize said that was a first,they are sending me more carrier shims.Will try that.
Makes sense...Rize is one of the btter names. That would annoy the crap out of me...to spend big $$ and have a vibration or shake. Hence my with the superlift shocks. When you do the shims...fill us in. I met a guy when buying my exhaust who is doing a Rize lift on a 3500 dually megacab too.
Old 02-18-2008, 09:53 PM
Banned

the vibration is the front yokes binding, need to have a DC added to the axle side. an 06 mega, 8" rockcrawler kit, 38s, just fine.

Quick Reply: 6" superlift + 2" coil spacers??