3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

4 wheel parts road hazard warranty

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2011, 04:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
4 wheel parts road hazard warranty

I ran over something that punctured the tread of the right rear tire this weekend and by the time I felt the vibrations, the sidewall had disintegrated. So I called 4 wheel parts to let them know I needed a tire and had their "no questions asked, no money" warranty and they said they were super busy and couldn't get to it for a few days. I showed up anyhow and said I can't be driving around without a spare. So after hemming and hawing, they agreed to keep the tire and said they would call me later with a total. I never got that call, at 60 minutes prior to closing I just showed up. They still said they could not mount the tire on the truck but it was mounted and balanced. The total for this 325 dollar tire after my warranty was applied? 345 dollars. How is this possible? They found the lowest point on the tire and prorated the warranty. (not what the sign on the wall said) then charged me more than that to mount and balance the tire. Remember, it was never put back on my truck...I will never buy tires from them again. They did not hold their end of the bargain up. In contrast, the last road hazard claim I had was with Discout Tire. There was almost nothing left on those tires, and they just charged me for another road hazard warranty. I had to wait a bit but it got done. Discount Tire will get all my tire business from now on. They may only do tires, but they do that very well!!! Any others want to chime in?
Old 07-13-2011, 08:11 PM

I've been there. Was told they did not waranty the for side wall damage. Don't buy their tires anymore either. Discount Tire has been good to with for me also.
Old 07-13-2011, 08:34 PM

I used their no questions asked warranty once and had great results. I had a small piece of rebar go through the side wall of one of the tires on my jeep. Mickey Thompson had discontinued that tire model and they couldn't find one anywhere. They replaced the tire with a ProComp and only charged me for the difference of the new tire. I got out of there for $20.
Old 07-13-2011, 09:16 PM
Advocate of getting the ban button used on him...

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
I have been using Discount for over 20 years now and my self and family have bought MANY tires. I have used the warranty several times and I have never been questioned. The best customer service in tires hands down. They will forever get my business.
Old 07-18-2011, 11:40 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
4 Wheel Parts sucks monkey b@lls!
I got a steal on a new set of 285 BFG's from a guy that bought them from 4WP. Said he dropped the truck off asked for 35's, they told him 35's would rub. He said I don't care put 35's on. Went back late that night to pick up his truck (over 100mi to a 4WP where we lived), got dropped off and the truck had 285's (33") on it. He drove home, no choice. Called the next day said he was going to bring it back. 4WP would not give him anything for the tires. Said "You drove the truck away, now they're used, they're yours!"
Guy said he had bought thousands of $ in parts from that shop over the years and had a big order in with them at the time of the tire screw up. He cancelled that order, they still wouldn't make it right with the tires.
Another friend, gets 4WP to install all the goodies on his Jeep Wrangler. Lift, 5 tires/wheels. $6k just for that which was a ripoff. It was a crappy Pro Comp 4" lift. Plus he bought a few more thousands in parts, bumpers, winch air system, etc, etc. I personally heard him on the phone order the lift and tire/wheel combo with the salesman confirming that this combo tires wouldn't rub.
Went w/ him to pick the truck up, made him take it for a test drive w/ me before he accepted it. 4WP broke the linkage clip for 4wd, tired to keep his OE tires/rims/suspension, said it was part of the deal they get the old parts. ALL 4 tires rubbed on something. Rears needed the OE nerf bars cut, couldn't drive it anywhere. Front's rubbed both sides, brake lines and ABS lines were not tied down, just flopping behind the wheel. They did get another $200 out of him for wheel spacers though!
Really bad experience. I wouldn't send my enemy to 4WP.