3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

35s or 37s ??????

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2007, 09:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That sounded steep to me. So I looked it up. I buy all my lift stuff from rockymountainsusp.com They have done well with me in the past. According to them the standard 4" super lift for your truck with bilsteins is 1306 and the rockrunner is 1698. I dont know what the differance is between thet two. Maybe duel shocks or something. I dont know about 3rd gens but when I looked for something in the 4.5" range I didnt like the superlift kits. They seamed cheap so I went with a skyjacker. a 5" skyjacker class 1 with full replacement leaf packs is 1407 + shocks. The rear replacement leaf packs run smoother onmy truck then it did stock. I also took apart the skyjacker pack and added that big 3/4" flat spring on the bottom and a 1" block beacuse I dont like the level look. I also went with a skyjacker duel steering stablizer. They have a life time warrinty on the shocks and are something like 160$ new for the kit. paint the stablizer shocks though, they must use a cheap paint and rusted like instantly.

Originally Posted by BlackSunShyne
Well that is not really the purpose of this truck....it will maybe see 80 on the interstate. (looking into an NSX for the speedier duty) I think I have decided to kinda meet in the middle with the first set of tires. I am going to more than likely run the BFG A/T 37x12.50. It actually measures 36.6" diameter and the width is 12.50 vs. 13.50, if it handles that, then for the next set of tires I might move up to the Toyo's.

On a side note, I went to the only "local" 4x4 shop and they recommended a Superlift....which I was kinda unsure about. Plus they want $2,200 for the parts and install, with new control arms, new coils, 4 Bilstien 5100, drop bracket, new pitman arm, dual steering stabilizers, and blocks in the rear. When I asked the guy about axle wrap he said...."The stock leafs you have are better (stiffer) than the ones that would be replacing it." Which I guess if axle wrap did start to be a problem I could always look at a set of ladder bars.

Does the total price sound off to anyone else, or am I just being a cheap bas...uhh guy?? I mean for a Superlift??

I dunno, more info please!
Old 02-18-2007, 10:53 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by SlowSixSpeed
Well if its looks your going after then I would stray from the BFG AT's. Yes the BFG AT's work well but the Toyo MT is the tire that most blingin lifted trucks use. Almost every lifted truck at SEMA is sporting Toyo MT's. They look sick, and ride awesome.

I would hate to see a nice set of 20" rockstars with BFG AT's wrapped around them.

Get the Toyo's and you wont be dissipointed

As far as the price that sounds about right and possably a good deal. Since you are worried about being ripped off why dont you pick up the phone and call a bunch of shops for a price quote.

I dont see alot of money in that quote for labor. The lift w/ shocks is probably $1,500 retail + $300 for the steering stabilizer.

"Bling" means absolutly nothing to me. I prefer function over form. I am aware that most trucks at SEMA were wearing Toyo's, but that doesn't make me want them more or less.

As for price quotes, I live in BFE, there is 1 reputable 4x4 shop within 150-200 miles, so shopping for quotes really isn't that much of an option. I have to get them to do the install. I do 90% of the work on this truck, but when it comes to this, I am gonna leave it up the guys that do it for a livin'.

As for not wanting to see BFGs on the KMCs, lol better not look past this page In about 2-3 weeks evertyhting should be done, and I will post up some pics!
Old 02-18-2007, 05:23 PM

Well I said bling because you're talking about 20" Rockstars!!! and thoes qualify as Bling and thought they deserve some nice MT's to be mounted on them especially since you want 37's.

As far as function goes the Toyo MT's out perform the BFG AT's

But hey I understand its all about what you want and better yet that leaves the door open for me to sport 20" black rockstars wraped in 37" Toyos

And I told you to call other shops to get an IDEA on prices, not shop there. It doesnt matter who or where you call, heck call a California shop for a price quote, it isnt like they bind you to a contract over the phone just to get an estimate.
Old 02-19-2007, 08:44 AM

[QUOTE=SlowSixSpeed;1364579]As far as function goes the Toyo MT's out perform the BFG AT'sQUOTE]

If I were just using it as a 'wheelin vehicle I would agree. But the BFG's have a better overall performance in regards to towing, mileage, and roadnoise. Not to mention being smaller in width and overall diameter. I see it as a good "in between" choice, and if they fit and have no issues, then I can step up to the Toyo's.

To tell you the truth I am still flip flopping on the whole issue I will probably decide which tire in the last few minutes, either way I am excited about the outcome, kind of still a suprise even to me.
Old 02-19-2007, 11:01 AM

mmmmmm Toyo MT's
Old 02-22-2007, 10:14 AM

Rockstars arrived last night. Now just have to get the lift and tires.

Old 02-22-2007, 12:07 PM

And post the pic IN the thread !

Just host it with imageshack.

Can't wait to see them!
Old 02-22-2007, 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by D.Wiggs
And post the pic IN the thread !

Just host it with imageshack.

Can't wait to see them!

is this what you wanted D????

I am really excited to see these on because that is the same size that I would get.....
Old 02-22-2007, 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by 53 ******
is this what you wanted D????

I am really excited to see these on because that is the same size that I would get.....
That's what I wanted!!! And nice lookin' rims!!!
Old 02-23-2007, 07:31 AM

Thanks!! Next step is get some tires on these things. The lift is scheduled in next 2 weeks.
Old 02-23-2007, 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by BlackSunShyne
Thanks!! Next step is get some tires on these things. The lift is scheduled in next 2 weeks.
You mean I gotta wait 2 weeks to see these thing's wrapped in rubber!!!
Bummer your as bad as Wiggs!!
Old 02-23-2007, 09:09 AM

The rubber part would be today or tommorow, but I am having a devil of a time finding anyone who even carries the Toyo's, in this one horse town...
Old 02-23-2007, 09:14 AM

No, he's a little better. I am making you wait at least 3 weeks!
Old 02-23-2007, 08:55 PM

What is the backspace measurements for stock and H2 wheels? Also, is it possible to run a 37/12.50/17 tire with a 2" leveling kit and minor trimming of plastic?

Last edited by dirtdiver; 02-23-2007 at 09:10 PM. Reason: Signature was not present
Old 02-24-2007, 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by dirtdiver
What is the backspace measurements for stock and H2 wheels? Also, is it possible to run a 37/12.50/17 tire with a 2" leveling kit and minor trimming of plastic?

H2's are 17x8.5 with 5.5" of backspacing and the stockers are 17x8 with i believe 6" of backspacing. I think if you ran a tire that ran small like the BFG, it would be possible. I know nriver is running 37's with 3" of lift and minor trimming so 2" might be possible, it'll just take a little more trimming.

Quick Reply: 35s or 37s ??????