3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

3" lift questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2007, 02:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
3" lift questions

if i add a 3" spacer lift to the front, will i need to do anything else to the front? also, i am assuming i will need some bigger blocks in the back to make it level, like 1.5" or 2" ?

i want to upgrade the shocks, how to i go about finding out what size or sizes i might need?

thanks in advance
Old 01-14-2007, 11:13 PM

Bump, I'd like some info on this too. The 3" might be a nice compromise.

I'm thinking I'm going to end up with 2" though in the front and no lift in the back, but Firestone bags and an onboard compressor to keep it from squatting with the boat or 5th wheel back there.
Old 01-15-2007, 10:45 AM

Here is my experience: I have Top Gun 3" spacers in the front, and a 2" block in the rear. I have the stock track bar on, with no drop bracket. You should definately consider either Thuren's trackbar, or a drop bracket for it. My axle is about 3/4" over to the driver's side. Again, my truck sees mostly the pavement, so I haven't experienced anything bad from this.I ran stock shocks for several months before putting Bilsteins on the front. The longer shocks make a world of difference, and if you will be off road, they are a must.

With a 2" block in the rear, my rear end still sits higher than the front. Thats ok with me, because whenever I am actually at home for a long period of time, I plan to put an entirely custom set-up on the truck, with the front sitting about 4.5" higher than stock. (Don, if you are reading this, I promise I am going to do it soon. Poor guy has sent me about 4 price quotes, and each time something comes up and I can't do it. ) If you put 1" of lift on the rear, it would perfect. You may not have to do anything if you put some bags back there. Worst case, do the front and evaluate it yourself.

I have 37" MTR's on, and I love them. I drove cross country for the holidays, and with the G-56, I was cruising @ 75 mph with RPMS @ 2000, or just below. Perfect for me. The truck looks great IMO. It sits perfectly over the 37's, though any serious off-roading, there will be some rub. With 4.5" and the right set of wheels, it will sweet.

I keep meaning to get some updated pics. As soon as I clean my truck, I will snap a few and get them posted. I also need to sit down and figure out my mileage cross country w/the Smarty on different settings. Probably some good info for people once I get it done.