3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

2 inch lift...maybe

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2006, 04:33 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2 inch lift...maybe

I have been reading several posts, especially the ones by 4X4not (I think) And I liked his idea of the 2'' leveling kit in the front and 2" blocks in the rear for an all around 2" lift. I wanted to do this, but I tow cattle/equipment/hay sometimes, and am worried about axle wrap with the 2" blocks in the rear.

So here is my question, I want to run some 20X9 Moto Metal 951s ( which is another question, chrome or black on my truck???, pics in gallery) with some 325/60/20 BFG A/Ts. If I do a 2" leveling kit in the front, and some Firestone Ride Right airbags in the back, (1) will this clear the tires, and not make them look like too big of tires crammed under the truck? And (2) can I get 2" of lift out of the Firestone air bags, so the truck can be 2" higher all around, and keep its original stance.

I have seen (somewhere on this site) a pic of a white 3rd gen with the moto metal 20s, and I liked everything about it, just wanting to go with a sorta similar look, and still be able to tow. Advice please!!

Or is this a case of having your cake and eating it too?
Old 07-14-2006, 09:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Im not sure about your other questions but i would go with the black motometals. Im a huge fan of black wheels and am either going to powdercoat my current wheels black or will be buying black wheels.
Old 07-14-2006, 09:14 PM
Jme

Before you do decide, make sure that the steering box and the tie rod is in good condition before modding. I modded mine and then noticed that the two were bad (2-3 post application) and now Dodge says " no dice" and will not cover the problem. The truck only gas like 16K on it! Anyway...yeah, I have the 20" Moto Metals however in chrome. I jacked it up 6 inches. Just FYI....Jamie
Old 07-14-2006, 09:22 PM
Banned

heres mine
lev kit, 35 1250 18 toyo's

the silver one behind it is a stock powerwagon

Old 07-15-2006, 12:31 PM

I am a few months away from doing this, truck has 28,XXX on it now, steering box, etc. look good and are tight (all gets inspected every 5k miles, yeah, Im kinda picky about the truck )

I am leaning towards the black moto metals, and might even do the badge black out, like Booz007 has done, looks really good, would love some tips on how you did yours.

I guess the questions I really want to discuss are the 325s and if they will fit and not rub, with the moto metals, with only 2'' level kit, and if I can get some lift (at least 2") out of the Firestone bags on the rear end. And maybe a picture of that white truck with the moto metals on it, and any information anyone knows about it, lol, this almost sounds like border line crazy stalker.
Old 07-15-2006, 02:39 PM

Well I've only towed with mine once since I put the rear blocks in, but I don't have any axle wrap that I can feel. It does definately ride slightly different on the highway, but axle wrap isn't one of the differences *I* can feel. With the airbags, you might need to get a slightly taller bag if you want 2" out of them. Not sure how tall they are.

BTW, where in VA are you? I'm guessing NOT in SuburbiaHell like me
Old 07-16-2006, 11:11 AM

Thanks for the info 4X4Not, I am in the southwestern tip of VA, lol definantly not suburbia here .

I just want to make sure that I am doing the right thing, dont wanna spend a bunch of money and not like what I have done.

Sounds like the bags might be questionable for the rear lift, so I will keep thinking on this.
Old 07-16-2006, 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by BlackSunShyne
Thanks for the info 4X4Not, I am in the southwestern tip of VA, lol definantly not suburbia here .

I just want to make sure that I am doing the right thing, dont wanna spend a bunch of money and not like what I have done.

Sounds like the bags might be questionable for the rear lift, so I will keep thinking on this.
I don't think you'd wanna use bags for lift; just to keep it level when you tow. My opinion: Do a 2" leveling kit with bags in the rear to keep it level when you tow. I've never been a fan of the nose-low look.