3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

3 inch front spacer with 6 inch lift?

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2008, 05:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
3 inch front spacer with 6 inch lift?

hey guys i have a superlift 6 inch lift and i have seen 3 inch front spacers, i was wondering if i counld put the 3 inch spacer on top of the springs like people do with the 2 inch ones, i would also get some long arm control arms to keep everything in place, and also some longer shocks, oh by the way i want to fit 40x15.5x22 inch toyo's under the truck, thanks
Old 03-05-2008, 06:54 AM

Sounds like it will work as long as your going with longer control arms.You are going to have to lower the transfer case and carrier bearing if you have one.Oh and BDS makes a trackbar lowering bracket if your kit does not have one.
Old 03-05-2008, 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by KKoteles
hey guys i have a superlift 6 inch lift and i have seen 3 inch front spacers, i was wondering if i counld put the 3 inch spacer on top of the springs like people do with the 2 inch ones, i would also get some long arm control arms to keep everything in place, and also some longer shocks, oh by the way i want to fit 40x15.5x22 inch toyo's under the truck, thanks
I've got almost the exact same setup. You will have to index the transfer case and drop the carrier bearing if your a LWB. Also, consider an aftermarket steering as bumpsteer is gonna be terrible. You'll also need an adjustable trackbar of some sort to recenter the axle. Be sure to readjust the front brakelines some too. You just carefully pry the crimp on the brakeline open, pull some brakeline through to give it some slack and then recrimp the bracket to hold the line. MAKE SURE YOU DON"T HAVE THE DEFECTIVE PURPLE MARKED PITMAN ARM, I did and it was actually loose with metal teeth falling out of it when I took it off.

If you've got the bilstein shocks up front already, they are worth keeping. Just ditch the shock towers and cut a couple of flat plates to mount the shocks to. This will drop them about 3" and they will no longer be short.

Good luck!
Old 03-05-2008, 08:34 PM

Unruly what did you do to the back?
Old 03-06-2008, 07:37 PM

Unruly did custom made blocks and runs traction bars to prevent axle wrap. I don't remember if they are 6 or 8 in., he should chime in though. Tac
Old 03-07-2008, 06:52 PM

6" carbon steel blocks with custom trussets and pins.
Old 03-23-2008, 09:40 AM

what about adding 2 in add-a-leafs to the back, since i have 4 inch blocks there already, or should i find some 6 inch blocks,
Old 03-23-2008, 11:10 AM

add-a-leafs will really trash the ride. I was gonna try the blocks to see if they would stay in place, if they didn't I was gonna buy new springs for a super soft ride.

You can do that which will definately cut down on axle wrap, but the ride will be very harsh.
Old 03-23-2008, 11:23 AM

unruly, i already have the transfercase drop bracket installed, and the trackbar drop bracket, they both came with the superlift kit, should i get a new ajustable track bar as well? and where did you get your 6 inch blocks ladder bars and front control arms? thanks alot
Old 03-23-2008, 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by KKoteles
unruly, i already have the transfercase drop bracket installed, and the trackbar drop bracket, they both came with the superlift kit, should i get a new ajustable track bar as well? and where did you get your 6 inch blocks ladder bars and front control arms? thanks alot

You can probably keep the track bar drop, but you will need an adjustable bar to recenter the axle after going higher. You'll also have steering clearance issues with the sway bar mounts on the axle. My ladder bars are superlift, the front radius arms arm custom ones built by my buddy at a hot rod shop that can only be done with the truck in his shop. He also built the custom blocks and again, he only does those in the shop on the truck.
Old 03-24-2008, 09:23 AM

what should i do about the sway bar brackets, should i get some sway bar drop beackets as well, like the ones from lurenz, abd what are my options for the back? try and find some one who can make custom blocks, the biggest ones i have seen have been 5.5 inch blocks, thanks
Old 03-24-2008, 10:15 AM

You could do some larger blocks like the 5.5" ones and a set of shackles from Thuren Fabrication. If I remember correctly, I think they raise the rear 1.5" in their tallest position.
Old 03-24-2008, 09:18 PM

what kind of clearence issuses are we talking about, will swat bar drop brakcets take care of the problem, what about a longer drop pitman arm, or is the 6 inch one good enough?
Old 03-25-2008, 09:52 PM

hello guys
Old 03-25-2008, 10:58 PM

Unruly

Would your buddy build another set of radius arms if the truck was in his shop? Those things look awesome, how's the ride?

KKoteles, sorry didn't mean to hijack your thread man...

Quick Reply: 3 inch front spacer with 6 inch lift?