3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

'08 Wiring Help

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2008, 07:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'08 Wiring Help

Hey guys: I'm installing a back-up camera and need to know what color the wires are for the reverse lights on an '08 3500 4X4. Any help or a point to a wiring diagram would be much appreciated.

TIA.
Old 03-20-2008, 08:21 PM
Banned

you might just need to get in there and see which wire it is hooked up to them.

I don't know but, I kinda doubt a diagram is out yet for your truck. I know it took almost till summer last year for the diagram to come out for the 07's. Those truck started selling in late 06.
Old 03-21-2008, 10:19 PM

Yep, I just pulled the left rear tail lamp and tied into it there. For the record the positive wire is green/white and the negative is solid black.
Old 03-23-2008, 08:48 PM

Good timing on this as I'm doing the same thing! You tapped in right by the brake light so I take it the camera unit itself controls when the signal is sent to whatever kind of monitor you're using? I have an in-dash Alpine DVD head unit and the reverse wire needs to be run to it as opposed to the camera itself. When I'm in reverse the screen simply switches to the reverse camera input.

Any ideas for how I would tap into the brake light closer in to the cab?? I could always follow the brake light wire that you describe as far towards the cab as possible and splice it there but I would think there's a better way.
Old 03-24-2008, 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by gsegelk
Good timing on this as I'm doing the same thing! You tapped in right by the brake light so I take it the camera unit itself controls when the signal is sent to whatever kind of monitor you're using? I have an in-dash Alpine DVD head unit and the reverse wire needs to be run to it as opposed to the camera itself. When I'm in reverse the screen simply switches to the reverse camera input.

Any ideas for how I would tap into the brake light closer in to the cab?? I could always follow the brake light wire that you describe as far towards the cab as possible and splice it there but I would think there's a better way.
Yeah, I just bought a little $69.00 set up from Costco. I will use it mostly when hooking up the trailer and to clear for kids, etc. when backing out of the driveway.

The camera to monitor link on mine is wireless. I turn on the monitor (the monitor can be plugged into a 12V receptacle or hard-wired - it comes with both harnasses) in the cab after I start the truck and when the truck is placed in reverse, the camera is powered via the wire where I tapped into the reverse light. Once the camera is powered it sends the video to the monitor and I see the image in the cab. If you put the truck in Reverse with the engine off but the key on and all of the other lights off you should be able to identify the reverse light wires in the harnass with a volt meter. Like I said, the left reverse light on my '08 was green/white (positive) and the negative was the solid black.

Good luck.