3rd Gen Engine and Drivetrain -> 2007 and up 6.7 liter Engine and Drivetrain discussion only. PLEASE, NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

Is there any aftermarket stuff for the 6.7 yet?

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2007, 10:13 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I didn't realise Luke S was under 400 miles from my house. I guess the next time I need a new truck I know who to talk to and it will not my local idiots
Old 03-16-2007, 10:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How'd you figure out where I was? I usually try not to let that get out as the mods don't like it much. I might just be a farther away idiot, instead of a local idiot!
Old 03-16-2007, 10:39 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
How about we call it dumb luck so as to keep the mods happy
Old 03-18-2007, 09:20 PM
FDX

Originally Posted by Luke S
You guys are nuts! More power? There is no need for more power than where we currently are. What the heck, it is your $30-$50k truck your messing up not mine.

thanks for the input dad
Old 03-20-2007, 05:43 PM

Back to the original post....

We should have updates on the Web for the Commander by sometime next week. So far we are just supporting EGT, Boost, Trans, Coolant and Lift Pump Pressure. I am sure in due time I will get the Rail Pressure finished although it is new to me.

We have an intake in the development stages as well.

We also have some medicine for the DPF and a few other tidbits that will make their way out shortly.
Old 03-20-2007, 06:11 PM

once again its Quad to the rescue! Now I can start dreamin of that new Sterling 5500 dually sittin in my driveway with 22.5s on it.
Old 03-20-2007, 07:34 PM

Cool quad, let me know as soon as that stuff is available, I think I have made my mind up as to buying this truck, the only thing I have left to decide is the color

Kevin
Old 03-20-2007, 10:59 PM

They are definately different trucks than the 5.9L! Everything is a little harder to access for the most part and everything is squeezed in just a little bit more. Seems to be that everything has a redundant checkpoint for all sorts of readings.

Boost is really weird on this truck. It is either under 10psi or over 22-24psi it seems?

So far so good but, hard to say what will become of it. There will be lots of testing! Our truck has less than 130miles on it because it was taken apart before I ever even drove it!
Old 03-20-2007, 11:42 PM

So what do you think about it? Do you think that it is going to be good? I am not worried about it being a racer, just for towing my 03 and my 5er.

thanks for your opinion quad, I respect your opinions on these things

kevin
Old 03-21-2007, 12:30 AM

If DC made a truck with 10,000 HP people would still put on performance parts. Why? Because they want their truck to be unique and better than average!

I upgrade my computer every 3 months not because I have to but because I enjoy having the latest and greatest.

Keith
Old 03-21-2007, 12:53 AM

Well, I like the truck. It is irritating me at the moment but, I like it. I think if you are going to do very much it will be reasonably complicated. Not really complicated on the end users part but, for me and other manufacturers. Lots of plugs and wires to connect. Some of them will be a PITA to get to but, definately doable!

I very seriously doubt you will see a simple 2 plug type box anymore. Too much EGR, IAT, pressure sensors, tempature sensors and stuff to watch stuff? I personally do not see how a downloader will work at all right now.

If you are going to make any horsepower you are going to have to remove the DPF. Not a problem but, you will have to reinstall it once a year for inspection. If you make much power you will ruin the DPF to the point that it cannot clean itself by regeneration. You will have to get some electronics to defeat this. There are 3 EGT sensors, 2- O2 sensors and 2 pressure sensors! All will need to be re-installed and fooled. PITA!!!!

I am not sure what to think of the EGR on this truck yet. I like it better than Fords right now but, we shall see what happens. It does not seem finicky yet but, we I plan on edited by admin it off at some point, I guess I will see where that is. I know we will be dealing with egr pressure and temp problems as well. I would like to see us be able to keep the EGR functional unlike the DMAX and Ford guys so we will see what happens.

Lets see, most of the trouble codes have changed, they have added a LOT of DTC's.

The turbo looks to have a LOT of promise but, its a pain the rear to work on. Shaft speed sensors, boost module etc. It is water cooled and the water cooled DMax turbo was just almost bulletproof! You can make a LOT of boost but, then I think it might edited by admin of the MAF sensor and so on and so forth.

The truck seems to have decent power but, does not quite have the throttle response the 600's have. Fuel mileage sucks compared to my 600. I think I have a fix for that already and I am testing it right now.

I think 30-50hp is possible without much modification as long as pressure and timing (direct) are used. I know the curve can be much broader and throttle response greatly improved. I know we can make in the 40hp range without any measurable increase in emissions using the above method. We will see what it does for mileage. First test was short but 14.1mpg at 70mph hwy. That sucks to me but, the truck is brand spanking new!

I will keep you updated. I think the market will be pretty small for a while. We are expending a tremendous amount of engineering efforts right now and it is still VERY slow at this point. We will need a lot of LONG beta tests from people to make sure there are no goofy things happening over a lot of mileage.

I am sure in the next few months we will have something to start playing with!

Last edited by Totallyrad; 06-08-2007 at 06:38 PM. Reason: Profanity
Old 03-21-2007, 10:42 AM

Thanks quad. I think I have pretty much made up my mind,, now what color, lol. I am trying to decide between black or white. Oh well the dealership has one of each coming in, I will be able to pick then

Kevin
Old 03-21-2007, 10:47 AM

Mine is White but, it is not a dually.
Old 03-21-2007, 11:32 AM

qzilla

Will your performance/ mileage mods work on the chassis cab model?
Old 03-21-2007, 03:01 PM

Not sure yet. I am not sure any of it works over the long haul at this point. The Commander works fine if you want some gauges. The pillar mounts fit and everything!!!

Quick Reply: Is there any aftermarket stuff for the 6.7 yet?