3rd Gen Engine and Drivetrain -> 2007 and up 6.7 liter Engine and Drivetrain discussion only. PLEASE, NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

Run on Water

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2008, 11:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Run on Water

What is the deal with this and has anyone tried this? I have been talking with someone who is doing the hydrogen on his PT cruiser and he is saying that he installed one on a Duramax and it was able to get an average of 10mpg more. Has anyone looked at this, or do you think he is full of crap. It all sounds good being I would get 23 or better mpg but would it really work??
Old 10-08-2008, 11:48 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Try telling them to get-a-life! It's BS.
Old 10-09-2008, 12:08 AM

So you have checked it out? I am just asking because it does sound good, but like most things if it sounds to good then it probably is a scam.
Old 10-10-2008, 01:29 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Tell the person to prove that he put some gizmo that increased the mileage on a Duramax by 10 mpg! My self I say he full of Bull and that it can't be done!
Old 10-10-2008, 01:46 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Search for HHO on here and you will have plenty to read. Only a few think it works.
Old 10-10-2008, 08:17 PM

I think someday running a water will be possible ... But the technology is not here yet. There are some that have claimed to do it... Stanley Meyers comes to mind... But he is dead and car is gone and I haven't heard if anyone has been able to replicate his success yet.

OG
Old 10-11-2008, 07:41 AM

People do see mileage gains with a water/meth system.

I also believe that someday there will be another system that runs on water. I don't know if anyone is currently working on a true water powered system right now though.
Old 10-11-2008, 08:43 AM

I did alot of research on this and you run into some major problems. The biggest is that you cannot run enough electricity to crack enough water fast enough to do any good. The second, if you somehow do get enough hydrogen then you have a pretty unstable substance that glikes to blow up the chambers.

If you hwant something that is PROVEN to work, go to a propane or water meth injection. Basically the same principal and it does work

Chris
Old 10-14-2008, 07:23 PM

This is a long post, but I an sharing what I know and what I have/am trying. I think some some of the "Run On Water" is just adding hydrogen gas to the fuel already used (some have talked about Propane in the same way). The theory is it helps the fuel burn more efficent giving a cleaner burn, more hp and better mileage as a bonus. The problem I see is the O2 sensors in the gassers like to run in a certian range and if the air comming in is outside the parameters (even if lower), it puts in more fuel, thus a gain in fuel usage instead of a reduction. Find a way to fool the O2 sensor and you get better fuel mileage. I have heard claims of vehicles failing the emissions in states like Cal with such systems because the exaust is "Cleaner" than what the testing units can measure. I take that with a grain of salt. I think the most honest results are 0-3 mph better, a change that can be effected by driving habbits though.

What you do is reverse electrolsis, cracking H2O into H and O2 via electricity generated by the alternator. Using Stainless Steal Plates with specific spacing and a substances in the water like Drain Cleaner or Baking Soda to aid in the transfer of the electrons. You have to watch your amps and the mixture has to be just right, a trial by error type of thing. The gas you produce, you inject into the air intake of the engine.

Most of the people I see working on this are not looking to make millions on this, they help each other out and share findings, more like a club. Go to youtube and look up HHO or Brown Gas and you will find lots of videos of people showing what they are doing and why. I like the idea because it cleans up the fossel fuels and may give us more time before we runout and find a viable alternative for our need for power addiction.

I have tried to make the HHO cells, but my craftsmanship is not that great. I do know that I am making almost 1 liter per min, not that great, but enough to blow up a gateraid bottle and almost make me wet myself. I was putting a lighter to the gas produced, probably not the smartest idea, but I have not been accused of being smart for quite a while.

This winter I plan on trying to work on this more. Maybe taking more time on the build. My motivation was greater when Diesel was over 4 dollars and gas over 3, around here it had dropped to 3.30 for Diesel and 2.60 for gas (Changing by the second). People can make fun or put me down for what I am doing, but I really dont care. If Apple, IBM or the Wright Brothers took the nay sayers to heart, where would we be? You can do a lot from your garage. Many trucks on the site show that. Am I going to use this on a new Truck or Car? Probably not, but I will try it on a vehical I do not need for trustworthy transortation. Failure is an chance to learn.
Old 10-14-2008, 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by CamperAndy
Search for HHO on here and you will have plenty to read. Only a few think it works.
Thanks for the help. I found this link from one of the forums and i think I am going to wait and keep watching the progress.
http://www.fuel-saver.org/Forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=15