3rd Gen Engine and Drivetrain -> 2007 and up 6.7 liter Engine and Drivetrain discussion only. PLEASE, NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

Power Service and my warranty

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2008, 08:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Power Service and my warranty

Is it okay to run power service products in my Dodge? I know that on the Power Service site it says it won't void Manufacturer's warranty but I wanted to see if anyone has had experience in this area? Has anyone had their warranty voided because of running this type of additive in their trucks? Also has anyone seen increases in MPG by using these products? What other gains improvements have you noticed after using these? My truck is an 08 6.7 Cummins. Will this product help keep the dpf clean and help soot problems? All info is appreciated!!

Thanks
Brian
Old 09-12-2008, 10:15 AM

No additives for the 6.7
Old 09-12-2008, 10:29 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Some people say that you can't use it and other say you can use it with out any problem so its up to you on if you want to use it or not.
Old 09-12-2008, 01:42 PM

All additives make more ash. For that reason your DPF will soot faster.
Old 09-12-2008, 03:06 PM
Muted one day, Banned the next....... Ah the life of a DTR 1%'er

P.S is fine for the 5.9 but I dont think it was meant for the 6.7. As stated abouve I believe your DPF will be affected.
Old 09-12-2008, 07:07 PM

It should be fine if your DPF has fallen off....
Old 09-12-2008, 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by Dodgezilla
It should be fine if your DPF has fallen off....
YUPP I agree
Old 09-12-2008, 08:23 PM
Muted one day, Banned the next....... Ah the life of a DTR 1%'er

Is that what I ran over on my way to work!!
Old 09-12-2008, 08:37 PM

I run PS and MMO mix in my 6.7l and as to date no problems.
Old 09-12-2008, 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by 13FOX
I run PS and MMO mix in my 6.7l and as to date no problems.
Bad to doI have seen what it will do to the motor and DPF first hand. This is my familyies buisness http://www.intertek-cb.com/arl/intertekcarnot.shtml
Old 09-13-2008, 09:04 AM

So what are you supposed to do when it is 30 below. I have used PS for anti-gelling in the winter. What now. Don't drive it. Not realistic.
Old 09-13-2008, 10:01 AM

Sorry I dont agree with you on that. Post some pics of the damage with relvant documention that it was indeed PS and MMO that did the damage. I've had also seen MANY trucks with plugged filters and filters that have failed. One of my friends has been working for Dodge as a diesel tech since 95' and I always get the skinny on messes up the motor. The only thing I've seen so far is dirty fuel, aftermarket air filters, DPF filters went bad, and EGR not working and sooting up the engine. There is plently of heat in the combustion camber to burn PS and MMO up. JMO.
Old 09-13-2008, 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by 13FOX
Sorry I dont agree with you on that. Post some pics of the damage with relvant documention that it was indeed PS and MMO that did the damage. I've had also seen MANY trucks with plugged filters and filters that have failed. One of my friends has been working for Dodge as a diesel tech since 95' and I always get the skinny on messes up the motor. The only thing I've seen so far is dirty fuel, aftermarket air filters, DPF filters went bad, and EGR not working and sooting up the engine. There is plently of heat in the combustion camber to burn PS and MMO up. JMO.
OK I will gather up some pictures. Just happen to have a 6.7 all apart on a bench right now. It is the 6.7 I am talking about and not any other motor. As far as the techs you know, I'm glad you know them. Cummins pays us not Dodge so I see stuff your techs will never see. When we test a engine and provide data we are paid several hundred thousands of dollars so a lot of info is not to be shared. All additives burn and make ash and the 6.7 DPF can not take it. If you do not have a DPF it is no problem. We currantly have the new Cummins ISB in house for study and it is a tank.
Old 09-14-2008, 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by Shane1
All additives make more ash. For that reason your DPF will soot faster.
True, and the reason they say not to use additives or low sulpher fuel is because it shortens the life of the DPF. So lets loose all the lubricity and shorten the life of the engine instead. I use Opti Lube.
Check out the "Lubricity study here". and make your own decision.
http://www.dieselplace.com/forum/sho...ubricity+study
Old 09-14-2008, 12:14 PM
With age comes the cage

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Shane1
OK I will gather up some pictures. Just happen to have a 6.7 all apart on a bench right now. It is the 6.7 I am talking about and not any other motor. As far as the techs you know, I'm glad you know them. Cummins pays us not Dodge so I see stuff your techs will never see. When we test a engine and provide data we are paid several hundred thousands of dollars so a lot of info is not to be shared. All additives burn and make ash and the 6.7 DPF can not take it. If you do not have a DPF it is no problem. We currantly have the new Cummins ISB in house for study and it is a tank.

Okay so your telling me when its -40 I have to park the truck....Not an option

Quick Reply: Power Service and my warranty