3rd Gen Engine and Drivetrain -> 2007 and up 6.7 liter Engine and Drivetrain discussion only. PLEASE, NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

P2000 Code

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2008, 10:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
P2000 Code

I have a 2008 2500 4x4 that I purchased mid December and have been getting cel and P2000 code every 2 - 3 weeks. It has been to dealership several times to deal with cel. The dealership performed G30 recall and latest flash that came out a few weeks ago. I would like to know if anyone has had the same problem and has it been resolved. If so, what did your dealership do to fix the problem. My dealership is telling me this is truck is not meant to be a daily driver and can not idle for excessive amount of time. I wish they would have told me this prior to purchase. Any feedback would be much appreciated.
Old 02-24-2008, 01:23 PM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
P2000 NOx Trap Efficiency Below Threshold Bank1

I dunno what to tell ya...

It's those newfangled trucks... Just givin you a bump...
Old 02-24-2008, 04:19 PM

I had the p2000 problem on my 08. they finally flashed to AP and replaced two o2 sensors. Havent had it come back for a month now.
Old 02-25-2008, 12:30 PM

I have the same issue with the P2000 CEL code, the dealership first told me it was a O2 sensor and they had to order it from Dodge, once that part arrived it still did not cure the problem that's when they called starscan for help which they guided the technician through some trial and errors which included blowing out the sensor with shop air ....still active P2000 code remained, then they realized that the G30 Flash (Version AU) did not take originally and that may be the problem, they flashed the ECM and told me that starscan had pulled the AV Flash due to programming problems and they would notify me when available (ha) a week later the P2000 code cleared on it's own, now 30 days later 2/25/08 the P2000 code has reared it's ugly head once again, I love this truck it pulls and drives great and I really dont notice any difference with performance with the active code, I just keep my fingers crossed that Dodge keeps aggressively plugging away with the issues at hand.
Old 02-26-2008, 05:40 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just got the P2000 code today. My scanner says that the code means: "Hybrid Battery System Voltage High". Two codes related to the O2 sensors are also recorded. I just had the turbo replaced and AX reflash performed about 2 weeks ago.
Old 02-26-2008, 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by rcs1218
I have a 2008 2500 4x4 that I purchased mid December and have been getting cel and P2000 code every 2 - 3 weeks. It has been to dealership several times to deal with cel. The dealership performed G30 recall and latest flash that came out a few weeks ago. I would like to know if anyone has had the same problem and has it been resolved. If so, what did your dealership do to fix the problem. My dealership is telling me this is truck is not meant to be a daily driver and can not idle for excessive amount of time. I wish they would have told me this prior to purchase. Any feedback would be much appreciated.
not meant to be a daily driver?? Id tell them to hmmm. nm I dont want to curse.

I know I paid over 60k for my truck...I imagine the 6.7 fully loaded was that and more. The nerve to be such butt heads and come back with that as an excuse for poor mechanics...ugh.
Old 02-26-2008, 10:16 PM

I had a similar code, and got a similar response. After the 3rd time they said it was due to excessive soot on the 02 sensor due too excessive idle. The only time the truck idles is when the grid heaters cycle, or when I let the turbos cool off after a haul. They are clueless.
Old 02-27-2008, 12:14 PM

Well I called the dealership today and they advised that they were still waiting on the ECM flash update ????? so I called Dodge customer service to vent and they could not provide me anything more than that they would forward my concerns to the dealership is there anybody that knows how the dealerships receive the updates? as I understand it the AX flash is out and being flashed into trucks as we speak.
Old 02-27-2008, 04:12 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by bugs4121
Well I called the dealership today and they advised that they were still waiting on the ECM flash update ????? so I called Dodge customer service to vent and they could not provide me anything more than that they would forward my concerns to the dealership is there anybody that knows how the dealerships receive the updates? as I understand it the AX flash is out and being flashed into trucks as we speak.
If you're anywhere near Ocala, FL the dealership there reflashed my truck with the AX update.
Old 03-06-2008, 04:29 PM

The dealership just flashed mine to the AX load on 3/3/08. They told me that in a few months Dodge was supposed to be releasing a load that will help mpg's...I'd like to see that one!
Old 04-11-2008, 10:24 AM

Today, a co-worker of mine came up with a P2000 on his truck. The dealer said he had a clogged NOx converter and filter and had to order him new ones. Here I was worried about the DPF and now i hear about trouble with the NOx!!!
Old 04-11-2008, 02:59 PM

I've had this code several times. Last time they said it was the oxygen sensor and ordered a new one. I'm getting it installed on Monday. We'll see if it's a permanent fix. I'm kind of tired taking it in for all the CEL's.
Old 07-31-2009, 02:16 PM

Just got my very own P2000 Code today and CEL is on. Took it to the dealer and they said to come back monday. They did read it and said that it is related to the NOx filter and that it will take them a few hours of work on monday to clean it or whatever theyre going to do. I'll update on monday when I get the truck back and read the paperwork. Seems to run fine though and they did clear the CEL when I was there as well.
Old 08-02-2009, 07:11 PM
cnp

I got the P2000 code about a month ago, and the dealer said that I may have gotten some high sulfur fuel. I got it again about a week later, then bought my own code reader and reset it. I haven't gotten it since.

I also haven't bought any more fuel at that particular station.
Old 08-05-2009, 12:41 PM

UPDATE: Got the truck back yesterday and they did 3 different TSB's on it. They cleaned the NOx filter and some sensors, installed a " Cleaning Port " in the turbo and cleaned it, updated the ECM, and something else I dont remember without the paperwork in front of me.

Also, there is now a strange sound from my engine compartment. It's like air being sucked in from someplace it shouldnt be or being pushed out from someplace it shouldnt be. Like a whooshing sound. Gotta go back and take a Tech for a ride and ask him about it. Seems to run fine but it did before I took it in as well. Nothing looks out of place under the hood.

Quick Reply: P2000 Code