3rd Gen Engine and Drivetrain -> 2007 and up 6.7 liter Engine and Drivetrain discussion only. PLEASE, NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

No more Cummins in '09?

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2007, 06:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Didn't both Nissan and Toyota kill their HD projects earlier this year?
Old 10-28-2007, 07:13 PM

Personally, I don't know why the idea of this is such a big deal. You see numerous posts around here about guys that like Cummins, but hate the Dodge truck. You see lots of other posts complaining about the service they get at their dealers. Or maybe some people wouldn't want a change so they can maintain their hatred to the other brands without the choices becoming more clouded.

Basically, any change with the Cummins supply chain would please some while angering others.

Not trying to be sarcastic, but I could care less who Cummins ever partners with if and when it happens. All I know is I already have one under my hood.
Old 10-28-2007, 07:41 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
It's not really any big deal but it has been talked about and threads on it since 100 B.C. if you get what i mean. You see it so many times it really gets old. That is why everyone gets a little bit aggrivated..........
Old 10-28-2007, 09:25 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by CD in NM
You CAN get a Cummins in the 450's, 550's,
I dont think so.... Do you have a link to this?

Im glad its finally been "officially" stated that toyota is not going with cat. I rolled my eyes at that rumor a year ago when it first started going around because it made no sense at all (toyota going with cat) for many reasons.

ben
Old 10-28-2007, 09:27 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by coolslice
I visit the tundra forums and those trucks have some issues just with light duty work. The tailgates are nearly folding in half when an atv or something heavy is loaded. It sounds as if they may be getting ready for a recall on the transmission as well. .
yeah, but its all ok because they can pull shipping containers up a cliff
Old 10-28-2007, 11:42 PM

Originally Posted by CD in NM
Isn't Cummins making or going to make a smaller diesel, maybe they already do??

CD
2009 is when Dodge introduces a new diesel powered 1500 Ram truck equipped with a new V6 or V8 Cummins turbo diesel and will be available next fall. It's been in development for a while and there've been many reports about it. I can't wait to see them hit the market and go drive one. Probably it would be all the truck I really need though I can't ever see myself parting with what I've got now. So maybe I'll just get another one if I like it I don't know what the Dodge/Cummins contract obligations are but their partnership seems to be good enough on the surface and it's obviously way better than the the messy one of International/FoMoCo.
Old 10-29-2007, 08:54 AM
Administrator

Received 171 Likes on 129 Posts
Can anyone CONFIRM the V-6 Cummins? I know they were working on one, but in several conversations with my Cousin, who supplies wiring harnesses for Cummins, he swears he has never heard of any development of a V-6, only the V-8 is real.

C'mon, someone please tell me they also have a 6 underway!
Old 10-29-2007, 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by patdaly
Can anyone CONFIRM the V-6 Cummins? I know they were working on one, but in several conversations with my Cousin, who supplies wiring harnesses for Cummins, he swears he has never heard of any development of a V-6, only the V-8 is real.

4.2L V-6 Cummins is for the next gen Durango around 2010 (at least that's what sources say).
Old 10-29-2007, 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by patdaly

I can confirm it.

2005 Cummins/DOE Light Duty Diesel Report
Old 10-31-2007, 09:39 PM

If you google toyota truck forums and have a look at there forums, go under the 2007 tundra and there is a thread in there with a pic a quad cab diesel dually tundra, it has a hino diesel in it and it tells you a bit about it, aparentlly they had to do allot of configuring to get it in there but it worked, they did say that its just a proto type and not coming out any time soon.
Old 10-31-2007, 10:06 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by speedybeedy
If you google toyota truck forums and have a look at there forums, go under the 2007 tundra and there is a thread in there with a pic a quad cab diesel dually tundra, it has a hino diesel in it and it tells you a bit about it, aparentlly they had to do allot of configuring to get it in there but it worked, they did say that its just a proto type and not coming out any time soon.
the DRW is the prototype. the tundra is getting a hino diesel in 09. thats kinda soon.
Old 11-05-2007, 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by duratothemax
I dont think so.... Do you have a link to this?

Im glad its finally been "officially" stated that toyota is not going with cat. I rolled my eyes at that rumor a year ago when it first started going around because it made no sense at all (toyota going with cat) for many reasons.

ben
You can get the 6.7L in a F-650 or 750, not a 450 or 550.

Whole different ball game. You could also get a CAT at that point.

The Cummins in the 650/750 has a higher GVW than the powerjoke. DOH.
Old 11-06-2007, 06:23 PM
Chapter President

We have the CAT in our F-650 rollback. It is the 3126 Acert and "IT LEAVES A LOT TO BE DESIRED". CAT may be good in an excavator or 953 loader but I wish we had ordered it with the Cummins.
Old 11-06-2007, 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by EQUIPPRO
We have the CAT in our F-650 rollback. It is the 3126 Acert and "IT LEAVES A LOT TO BE DESIRED". CAT may be good in an excavator or 953 loader but I wish we had ordered it with the Cummins.
I have no personal experience other than the one time I got the joy of riding in an F-650 rollback... that driver had a Cat and had the same comment... honestly, I don't think it would've made a difference had he had a Cummins... it's a big truck with another pretty big truck on the rollback... it's not gonna zip in and out of traffic.
Old 11-06-2007, 09:06 PM

I was at the sema show this past week in vegas and there was a biege 3/4 tundra, four door dualie at the toyota booth. It had an 8.0 diesel and it was quite a site. Lots of questions were posed to the engineers and they said a message was coming...

Quick Reply: No more Cummins in '09?