3rd Gen Engine and Drivetrain -> 2007 and up 6.7 liter Engine and Drivetrain discussion only. PLEASE, NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

New 08 >> Is this Price good?

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2008, 07:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
how do you like the 6.7l and the jake ex. brake? pics would be nice.
Old 03-31-2008, 07:47 PM

I wish Canada had prices like that......
Old 04-03-2008, 10:34 PM

Originally Posted by Oilguy
Ok I have been looking for a specific truck and I think I found it...
It is a SLT 2500 Lonestar edition
Silver Quadcab
4x4 auto 6 speed
3:73
Power everything including seat and rear window
Cloth interior
Aluminum Wheels
Tow Package
a few other different packages (not sure what they are)

for $36,332

How about a '08 3500 SLT SMEGMA-CAB w/sunroof, DVD, 6 sp manual-- pretty much everything except for side airbags, navigation system and power adjust pedals (who the h*ll needs those?) .

I ordered the truck last month since they didnt have exactly what I wanted on the lot. The build date was last month. However, Dodge just knocked off another $2,000 from the price for their "owner loyalty" promo (if you take delivery of the truck before the end of April AND you own another Dodge, they take off an additional $2k).

My OTD price is $38,600. The only thing I pay for above that is the sales tax when I register it.

Dave Smith (if he even exists) is a god...
Old 04-04-2008, 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by TheBudman
How about a '08 3500 SLT SMEGMA-CAB w/sunroof, DVD, 6 sp manual-- pretty much everything except for side airbags, navigation system and power adjust pedals (who the h*ll needs those?) .

I ordered the truck last month since they didnt have exactly what I wanted on the lot. The build date was last month. However, Dodge just knocked off another $2,000 from the price for their "owner loyalty" promo (if you take delivery of the truck before the end of April AND you own another Dodge, they take off an additional $2k).

My OTD price is $38,600. The only thing I pay for above that is the sales tax when I register it.

Dave Smith (if he even exists) is a god...
That sounds like a great deal!
Old 04-04-2008, 02:03 PM

How does this sound?

2008 Dodge Ram 2500 4WD Reg Cab 140.5" SLT
popular equip. group, anti spin, tow package, side airbags, fog lights protect pack, rear window defrost, engine block heater.

$34,317.00 + state tax (AZ 8%, thieves).

This is about $1000. less than Edmunds.com "what others are paying".

Special order to be picked up in July.

This includes $4500 from Dodge, 500 from dealer, and $500. because I'm a Farm Bureau member (costs $35, and my house is insured by Farm Bureau, good deal).
Old 04-04-2008, 05:32 PM

Silver Quadcab
4x4 auto 6 speed
Cloth interior
Aluminum Wheels
Tow Package

for $36,332

I am going to look at it tomorrow and probably buy it ... I having a few problems with the 04.5 now and figure the fastest way to fix them will be to buy a new truck >> Of course that will probably be a LOT more expensive in the long run... But it should have a longer warranty this time...

OG
I'd say that's apretty good price. It's about a grand less than I just paid in Whittier Ca. Basically the same truck, Mine is a Bighorn.

Bob T. La Mirada Ca.
Old 04-09-2008, 12:14 PM

WOW!Nice deal ....Here in Montreal Canada is almost 20 000$ more for this truck.OK i move to us
Old 04-09-2008, 12:38 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well I would jump on that deal. Here in Alberta Canada that same truck would go for about $46-60,000

**** were getting ripped off up here.
Old 04-09-2008, 01:32 PM

Thumbs down

DODGE CANADA
Old 04-11-2008, 01:03 AM

Silver Quadcab
4x4 auto 6 speed
Cloth interior
Aluminum Wheels
Tow Package

for $36,332

I am going to look at it tomorrow and probably buy it ... I having a few problems with the 04.5 now and figure the fastest way to fix them will be to buy a new truck >> Of course that will probably be a LOT more expensive in the long run... But it should have a longer warranty this time...

OG
You could try Hensons in Madisonville. If your feeling adventurous you can try Stanely Dodge in Eastland. Talk to Jeremy in sales. He is a good kid. Hope it helps you
Old 04-11-2008, 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by BULL NOSE DODGE
You could try Hensons in Madisonville. If your feeling adventurous you can try Stanely Dodge in Eastland. Talk to Jeremy in sales. He is a good kid. Hope it helps you
Henson Blew me off... I am kind of a jerk on the phone to sales people... They have to try to impress me and they have about 30 seconds after I tell them what I want. If the first thing they say is "Come on in and lets see what we have" or "What price do I need to beat" or any variation of those... I get a little irritable.
I basically called about a dozen dealerships within an hours of here and gave them the shot (using the exact same description of what I wanted) and told them to email me their best offer. I Told them I was going to decide in 3 days.
That makes them really uncomfortable because they don't know what they other guys are offering... And I know that sales people get ranked at their dealership by the number of units they move per Month... So I called during the last week of the month.
After all the prices come in I get to pick and choose what I want and then call back the one most willing to deal and "Tell" him what I want...
It has worked on the last 2 trucks. AND it is a lot of fun to see them scramble around because they don't have you trapped at their desk for hours while they toy with you!
Try it! I had it worked out so that I was only at the actual dealership for 30 minutes of so... Arriving at closing time to insure that they don't keep you too long!

OG
Old 04-13-2008, 12:39 PM

Yeah... It was starting to develop a few problems and I can't afford any down time
I might be looking to trade my 04 for an 08 dually to handle a bigger RV. With stickers over $50K I was thinking the 08-6.7 was out of my range... (especially ADDED to the cost to upgrade the RV) but these discounts make it more do-able.

What was the net you had to pay after the trade? (I hate messing with private party sales on vehicles).

I love the EB and the idea of even more power. I hate the hassle of finding ULSD (there's still a BUNCH of LSD where I stop along 95) and the idea of lower fuel efficiency is not great either. Still a new truck would be sweet.
Old 04-13-2008, 01:49 PM

Henson Blew me off... I am kind of a jerk on the phone to sales people... They have to try to impress me and they have about 30 seconds after I tell them what I want. If the first thing they say is "Come on in and lets see what we have" or "What price do I need to beat" or any variation of those... I get a little irritable.
I basically called about a dozen dealerships within an hours of here and gave them the shot (using the exact same description of what I wanted) and told them to email me their best offer. I Told them I was going to decide in 3 days.
That makes them really uncomfortable because they don't know what they other guys are offering... And I know that sales people get ranked at their dealership by the number of units they move per Month... So I called during the last week of the month.
After all the prices come in I get to pick and choose what I want and then call back the one most willing to deal and "Tell" him what I want...
It has worked on the last 2 trucks. AND it is a lot of fun to see them scramble around because they don't have you trapped at their desk for hours while they toy with you!
Try it! I had it worked out so that I was only at the actual dealership for 30 minutes of so... Arriving at closing time to insure that they don't keep you too long!

OG
That's about the same tactics I use , and they are very effective. I also square away my financing with an outside source and then let them see if they can beat that as well.
Old 04-13-2008, 10:31 PM

Originally Posted by davelinde
I might be looking to trade my 04 for an 08 dually to handle a bigger RV. With stickers over $50K I was thinking the 08-6.7 was out of my range... (especially ADDED to the cost to upgrade the RV) but these discounts make it more do-able.

What was the net you had to pay after the trade? (I hate messing with private party sales on vehicles).

I love the EB and the idea of even more power. I hate the hassle of finding ULSD (there's still a BUNCH of LSD where I stop along 95) and the idea of lower fuel efficiency is not great either. Still a new truck would be sweet.
I had some body damage to the trade and I was expecting to get about 13.5 and They offer 14.5... So I just put that to the down and didn't pay anything out of pocket. ( I could have fixed the damage and asked 17.5 to 18K for private sale but it was just easier to take the small hit and move on)

Originally Posted by Bob T
That's about the same tactics I use , and they are very effective. I also square away my financing with an outside source and then let them see if they can beat that as well.
The week before I started looking I talked to my banker and he offered 6% >> I knew the Bank was going to be in that range so I told the dealer that they had to beat that also... I got 5.25% >> Not bad for a auto loan with only $1K from the trade down.